Home Buying in New York>Question Details

cosmo_katya, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Mortgage for Foreigner?????

Asked by cosmo_katya, New York, NY Tue Feb 5, 2013

Foreigner with Green Card and S.S Card as of last week. Want to buy a home. Want a mortgage, but everyone keeps telling me that I need to have 2 years of income in the U.S. to get a morthage. I have some money that I earned in my native country that I will use as a down payment and to pay the mortgage payments. Main question: Can I get a mortgage in my name without having 2 years income in the U.S? This is not for investment or rentals. This will be my primary residence.

Answers

4
Michael Richman’s answer

Your situation is more difficult than the average, but probably not impossible. You need to work with a lender's mortgage office, preferably one that speaks your native language as well as English, to help you through the process. If you need help finding someone, do not hesitate to contact me for a referral.

Michael Richman
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
KIAN Realty
450 7th Avenue Suite 1501
New York, NY 10123
Phone 212-757-8268 x220 Cell 917-991-2528
Email mrichman@kianrealtynyc.com
http://www.kianrealtynyc.com
I work with a great mortgage broker that has several programs for foreign buyers. I would be glad to refer, as well as find you a great property in Manhattan
Elena Ravich
Rakita Realty
646 593 7207

There are a few things you will need to answer first before getting to that stage, but most important is to find you a Mortgage Broker that can better suit your needs.

Please feel free to email me at raouls@nestseekers.com; i will be more glad to connect you to the bests possible for your situation.

Raoul Sodogandji
Member of ELITE
Licensed Real Estate Agent

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333
(e): raouls@nestseekers.com

" It is common in all businesses that the level of customer service, is usually based on income generated from that service given; which is fairly unfair to those who need just the same service of selling, buying or renting in New York City.

That's one of the reasons why we came up with ELITE. It is the highest standard level of same service given from a $2000 rental to a $40 Millions sale, and instead of treating the customers differently, we've decided to give them the ELITE service.

Let's help you with our services, no matter your budget, what you are selling or want to buy, we will give you and your referrals the same best experience ever lived. "
Hi Cosmo_katya,

My firm, Nestseekers, works with various mortgage brokers who can help you to find the best mortgage for your ideal home. I can put you in contact with them in order to preapprove you for a loan while also assisting you in finding a great condominium or co-op. Feel free to contact me at anytime.

Eric Detelich
Nestseekers International
Phone: 631 662 5579
Email: Ericd@nestseekers.com