Ivy_1170, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Morris Brandon Elementary for $150,000 or less.

Asked by Ivy_1170, Atlanta, GA Fri Feb 7, 2014

I currently rent in Collier Ridge Apartments and want to purchase a home zoned for Morris Brandon Elementary for $150,000 or less. Cross Creek fits this bill easily but the home owners fees are around $500 a month??? That is the same cost as the mortgage in most cases! Is there another community I should consider buying from? Number one concern is that it MUST be zoned for Morris Brandon!

Westover has decent value too.

How important is move in readiness?

The best market buys in your price range (the absolute lowest pricing in the MB district) are fixer uppers.

Cross Creek delivers bang for the buck, square foot for square foot, when counterbalanced against the comprehensive, rather costly needs for the buildings, grounds and operations of a 1970s retro throwback adult playground and country club.
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com
I am not excited about Sutton MS or North Atlanta HS. We may sell the house when we get there, esp. if the high school does not improve significantly by then. I see several listings for 2/2 in Cross Creek for around $120,000 on Trulia, so don't know why you say $150k will only buy a 1/1? I am currently renting and zoned for Morris Brandon. I would like to buy and still be zoned for the same school. I'm not looking for a "bargain" per say, I am looking to have my children attend Morris Brandon and do it in a financially sound manner. Bargain or not, my price point is $150,000.

Thank you for the HOA information! $277 is far more reasonable. I talked to Cynthia earlier yesterday when I called Harry Norman realtors and she will be showing me some properties on Monday.

I also see properties listed in Westover Plantation for around $150k, and think there may be a few other condos / townhouses also zoned for Morris Brandon.
My autospell messed up and I missed a phrase!

"The growing successes at E Rivers and Bolton are very meritable."

And "Morris Brandon ESD" not EDS...
When you say home, will you settle for a 1/1 condo?

Cross Creek certainly has decent overall value for what it offers, regardless of what you consider to be a fair HOA fee.

Otherwise, there aren't even fixer upper townhouses in the price range.

Depending on the age of your child, the E Rivers and Bolton ESDs will stretch your dollars per month way better and enable matriculation into Sutton MS and Buckhead HS.

In this thin inventory market, beggars can not be choosers, and the growing successes at Bolton and E Rivers very editable.

I just sold a 3000 sf 4/3 house on Adams, down the street from Bolton. Lovely, move in ready, mid century modern flair and purchased for just $248000.

When the appraisal came in at $300000, my clients were floored. What a deal, right?

That deal will not surface in Morris Brandon EDS.
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com
Cross Creek monthly HOA is $277 not $500. There are 12 properties in the Cross Creek community that is for sale at this time. If you need to see any of them, please feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to assist you in your home buying needs.

Fred Yancy, Broker
Harry Norman, Realtors
(678) 799-4663
Unfortunately only the 1 bedroom HOA is $277. The 2 bedroom is $384 and the 3 bedroom is $518! I am NOT going to consider a 3 bedroom there, but am still considering a 2 bedroom with a sunroom. $518 is just too high on top of the $170,000 that the 3 bedrooms cost there, esp. when many of the 2 bedrooms run for just $105,000.
Flag Wed Feb 12, 2014