Fencebuyer, Home Buyer in 33137

Monterra in Cooper City, FL are selling brand-new homes at very high prices. Will these prices hold in the next year or two?

Asked by Fencebuyer, 33137 Thu Sep 22, 2011

Answers

12
Since this question was posted in 09/11 - it's easy to see that the values went up and up and up in Monterra. Hope you bought and now are enjoying your new home and Cooper City!

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Monterra is an unusual community, Yes property values should remain high, Florida Realtors says we have seen a 39% increase in pricing, I think that number is slightly inflated however the numbers are statistics but are certainly influenced by beachfront properties. As to Monterra, Cooper City has a very high rated school system, it is centrally located and there really is very limited space for additional homes in the area, so I would expect the values to remain high especially as long as cost of money is low
Is very hard to predict exactly how high the prices will be in Monterra, Cooper City in two years from now, but you have to understand that Real Estate market is recovering little by little and prices are slightly increasing. The market is right now in that "point of inflection" of the curve where indicates that is changing from buyers market to seller's and is the right time to make offers.

Angel Calzadilla

http://angelrealtor.southfloridamls.com
It's difficult to look at the magic ball to see where prices will be in one or two years. Unless you're going to move out in the next 1-2 years, I think it's better to look at the next 5 yrs, and the appreciation will average out to be a good investment.

I live right around the corner fr Monterra. I looked at this development for myself and found it to be nice, albeit, I thought the layout was a little tight and the units were a little close together...but I guess most new developments are like that because land costs are high.

Inventory is starting to decline, which is always a good indication that prices will start rising. Let me know if I can be of further service. Sometimes, I can negotiate upgrades/add on's that can give you better return at the sale end.

Catherine Kim Owens
Hammer & Hammer Realty Group
954-536-0648
cjkowens@gmail.com
I must say Monterra is a great value, not only are you buying new, but your buying peace of mind. I have been to the community several times taking clients there, and its in a great location and excellent schools.
Knowing your buying new is great, like buying a car, if you will.
I think the prices will hold and its because short sales are tiring and many people do not want to wait. Offers and multiple offers and let downs..etc, people walking away makes it frustrating.
But you can select your interior finishes for cabinetry and the builder can offer incentives. You can contact me if you wish, I have floor plans and updated info on this.
Also there is Estada, right next to that, Homes are lovely and beautifully designed. I am familiar with both communities very well.
I live and work very close. If you have any questions from someone who knows, please give me a call. I also have the pix of models and floorplans. And by the way, I also am a designer, so space planning and furniture design helps in purchasing and future plans.
Sincerely

Amy Ortiz
http://www.goldcoasthomesgroup.com
954-512-9295
954-518-3322
Dear Fencebuyer,

Monterra offers great value for their homes. I am proud to say my buyer loves this development and should be moving in by December. The prices rose slightly over labor day! Let me know if you would like me to take you inside of this wonderful development. Being these are new homes, the values should hold. The amenties of the development and the upgrades that are offered as the main stays of the homes are really great!

Susan Penn, PA , EWM Realtor
http://www.susanpenn.com
954-557-5993
wwwsusanpenn.com
New developments/projects are always higher than resales outside the development. But, sometimes developers really inflate their prices for the marketability of brand new customization of the perks. It's always adviseable to have a professional realtor help you look at other options in the same market area, then choose if the newness, gated community is worth the difference in price.

Sometimes, it's good to hold out until the developer's close out sale, but then, you don't get the best locations.
Or, in a year or two, there will be resales...

It's critical that you do your homework on values surrounding the development, though.

Cooper City has A-rated schools so the demand is there, and therefore, prices will remain stable. However, a lot of the homes were built in the eighties and some are starting to look dated...which might affect prices.

If you need further help, let me know.
I don't believe that even the best agents can see the future, so whether or not the prices hold cannot be determined. As for the pricing of Monterra, I'd focus more on the value as opposed to whether or not they're "high". When comparing to other places that aren't as high, be sure that you're doing an apples-to-apples comparison. Good luck!
I agree with the first aget, in a year or two you will have reasale in that community for lesser price.

Best Regards and good luck on what every you do.
If you are looking for new construction and want Cooper City, then Monterra is a good choice. You will generally pay more for new construction than for a resale, but many people feel it is worth it to get a brand new home. You can choose your finishes and make it your own.

Monterra is a beautiful development and the homes have great features that older homes may not have. New homes are built to the latest building codes, and that is a big plus.

We don't know what the future will bring, but you can feel confident that Monterra is the newest development in the area, and adds to the desirability of the community.

If I can be of further assistance, I do specialize in the Cooper City/Davie area, and would be glad to help you.

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
954-547-9203
Scohen77@aol.com
I have seen the homes in Monterra and they are spectacular!
The homes are high priced only relative to older homes that are smaller in the area. For new construction of this quality and size the prices are actually moderate.

The houses will be comparable to similar houses in the next few years, not against inferior homes. If the houses are selling at the asking price, then there is a market for them. Also as a realtor, I would never suggest a home pruchase as an assett to hold on to for just a few years, you may see slight market fluctuations over that time period. I feel any home needs to be looked at as a 10 year plan and as a home you will live in and enjoy.

If this makes sense to you , and the homes are within your budget, I do suggest the development.

If you need further assistance feel free to contact me directly.

Beth Jenkins
South Fl Brokers
bethjenk1@gmail.com
786-374-4778
Web Reference: http://www.arealtyteam.com
What benefit is there to buying high in any type of market, particularly in a Buyers' market?
Web Reference: http://www.golftobeach.com