Home Buying in Oakland>Question Details

Bio-mats.com…, Home Buyer in Roseburg, OR

Mold into home from slab foundation, mold in the sheetrock of the barn?

Asked by Bio-mats.com/lymeover, Roseburg, OR Mon Jan 23, 2012

Hi, I'm new to buying a home, first timer here. I'm looking at a short sale. I have been told by my doctor to move because of mold issues in my current living situation. So I'm looking now. I was told to stay away from homes with slab foundations and good with home with crawl spaces. I home I like has a slab floor in the basement and the side of the basement. This climate is dryer then where we live now and warmer in the summer. The home has a pool in the ground and concrete slab around the pool and the basement that leads out to the pool area. The gutters llok like they are moving the rain out of the way of the walls and percollation through the ground. Is this a concern with the slab foundation?
Also the barn has moldy sheetrock. I need to store fabric/leather inventory there most in boxes. How do I demold the walls after removing the sheetrock. Dirt floor is dry. Barn is metal siding and roof with insulation. Can flooring be made of 2x4 on side supporting plywood?