Home Buying in Long Beach>Question Details

Mctufts, Home Buyer in Clovis, CA

Missed out on property in Los Altos. Now looking at one in Signal Hill, off Cherry Ave. is this area safe and good for raising a family?

Asked by Mctufts, Clovis, CA Mon May 19, 2014

Answers

5
Mctufts~ I know the area well & BTW: it is super close to Los Altos. "Signal Hill offers some of the most amazing pacific ocean and city views. The best way for you to see if the area is right for you is to walk around the area and get familiar with it. Hope this helped? Sincerely, Jon
Yes that did help! Thanks for your thoughts!
Flag Thu May 22, 2014
Best places are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider further researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you. When it comes to crime/safety concerns, it's best to check with the local authorities.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 20, 2014
All the best to you!
Flag Wed May 21, 2014
Thanks for your answer. While there is no substitute for going to check out an area yourself and speak with local authorities, I've found people's thoughts on an area's safety to still be very useful.
Flag Tue May 20, 2014
Depending on what your price range is, there are some really nice homes in Signal Hill. Signal Hill has great parks, shopping and easy access to the freeway. During the summer the parks have movie nights and entertainment for the whole family. If you are in the market for a home in Signal Hill or Los Altos, please give me a call. I'd be glad to show you around town.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
Mctufts, some parts of Signal Hill are okay. Raising a family I suggest the Los Altos, Rossmoor and Los Alamitos areas. Just my opinion.
Janice
McTufts, Signal Hill has a different feel than Los Altos. Many of the homes are "newer" by Long Beach & Signal Hill standards than in the Los Altos area. In Los Altos and much of East Long Beach (90808 and 90815), most of the homes were built in the 1950s and 1960s.

My team and I have been selling homes in Long Beach, Signal Hill, Lakewood and surrounding areas since 1998 and would be happy to help you with neighborhood information. Feel free to call or email with any questions.

Shannon Jones
562-896-2456
Web Reference: http://www.ShowMeHome.com