Home Buying in Pottstown>Question Details

howens221, Other/Just Looking in Pottstown, PA

Me and my wife are planning on moving to the area next March,

Asked by howens221, Pottstown, PA Mon Jul 2, 2012

we are coming to visit the area this September. When should we start trying to make contact with agents on buying?

Answers

9
hello ~

we are listing our Pottstown brick Cape on 2 acres next March. wish we could give you a head's up! good luck to you in your pursuit!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
I specialize in selling homes in the Pottstown area. I am primarily a listing agent. Feel free to give me a call to get your house on the market. I'd love to preview, market and sell your home for you. I've lived in Pottstown for 14 years and my daughter goes to Pottstown school, so I definitely know the market area.
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013
Why not make contact as soon as possible and get set up on an auto search. Then you can see the listngs in the area that fit your search criteria.

This way, you will have a better feel for the market when you do start looking. Keep your finger on the pulse of the market and use the information to your benefit.

Email me with your basic search criteria and I'll get you set up on an auto search. Not a problem.

My email address is sheilayeary@gmail.com
Call Sheila Yeary to set up an appt at 610-489-5900 (office) or 610-405-0220 (cell).

http://www.ILovePottstown.com
No time like the present! We at Zuber Realty will work for you!
Good morning,

It's never too early to start looking for an agent. I would suggest talking to a few now to see who you feel comfortable with. By making contact now, your agent will be able to get a good feel for what it is you are looking for and should be able to send you some properties that fit your criteria so you can get an idea of what is available in this area. Please feel free to call me at 239-672-2599.
John
Good Morning, We are a local company with 5 offices in the general area. On a weekend take a ride and look at the different homes for sale. Mark down the address and see what the homes are priced at. I do not exactly where you are coming from, but we have Chester, Montgomery and Berks county all within 15 minutes of each other. Make this adventure a fun thing and contact an agent you may feel comfortable working with. Mary York
Good morning. Yes, I would do your research on the area between now and then. If you know anyone here ask them about Realtors in the Pottstown area. Referrals are a good way of finding a Realtor. Having someone familiar with the town and the market here is key. It's never too early to start talking to a Realtor in my opinion. I've had clients I built relationships with over 1-2 years before they purchased a home. You want to find someone who will be available, reliable and knowledgable.
That being said we have a family run office located on Farmington and Diamond Streets in Pottstown. We have been there since 1991. If you care to speak with me I'd be more than happy to help you. You may reach me anytime on my cell.

Jennifer Davidheiser - Realtor
The Real Estate Professionals, Inc.
"Our Name Says It All"
842 Farmington Avenue
Pottstown, PA 19464
Office) 610-326-6900
Cell) 610-587-6602
http://www.therepros.com
Hi, I agree with my colleague Bev below. I would begin interviewing agents now. A simple phone interview or a review of their company bio should suffice. Mine is at http://www.kurfiss.com

My firm handles ALL price ranges and we do serve the Pottstown area.

Beat of luck to you and your wife.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
Hello, I would start making contact with agents now and make a decision who you want to work with to help you find your next home prior to September. Whoever you choose can set up a search in the local Trend MLS and start sending you properties via email. This will give you an idea of homes that are available and what particular homes are selling for in the current market. When you visit in September your agent can make appointments to view homes in areas and communitiies you have decided are of interest to you. Even thought you are not planning on moving until March 2013, if you are unfamiliar with the Pottstown area, you should give yourself enough time get to know the area. It will also allow you time to investigate schools, township or borough ammenities, distance to jobs, etc. I do know the greater Pottstown area very well and would be happy to be of assistance. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Bev Kalb, Realtor
Century 21 Longacre Ralty
610-845-6000 x208 office
610-442-6897 cell
http://www.century21longacre.com