Home Buying in Rhododendron>Question Details

Daryl Knezev…, Home Buyer in Cleveland, OH

Me and my wife are looking to incorporate more of a homesteading way of life and perhaps run a B B. Is this the right location?

Asked by Daryl Knezevich, Cleveland, OH Sat Apr 20, 2013

Answers

4
David & Regina Lythgoe’s answer
The Mt. Hood area offers many opportunities for a B and B due to the year 'round recreational opportunities here. I suggest you visit some of the existing B and B's by going to the Chamber of Commerce web site. http://www.mthood.org.
I apologise , I am not a Broker or in the Real Estate business, however, after reading your question I had to laugh and put my two cents in. I assume you were looking at the property on Faubion Loop Road as that is where your question appeared.
I laughed because you wondered if this was a good place for a "Homesteading" experience and mentioned that you might like to do a ":B&B type of thing.
You see my last name is "Faubion" my Grandfather and Grandmother were the Faubion that the township or community and the road were named for. My Grandfather built a homestead that still stands and is (I believe) currently lived in. My Grandparents had what could be referred to as a Bed and Breakfast there at their home that served as a nice resting place for travelers back in the earliest years of life on the Mountain. My father grew up in that house and would tell us how well the business served the family and the community. My Grandmother made her famous Huckleberry pies and Grandpa was a well known highly skilled hunter therefore they served fresh Mountain venison and other wild meats, stews homemade bread and pastries. . They called the place La Casa Monte which is Spanish for "The House on the Mountain" Funny though my Grandparents were french not spanish at all! LOL You can read more about it at ::http://www.mounthoodhistory.com/historyblog/?p=53
I hope you do not mind this glance at the past history of the area. Good luck, it is a beautiful spot, I wish I could live on the mountain again! Anzy Faubion anzyfaubion@gmail.com
Daryl:

There are several B and B's in our scenic area. I would suggest getting in touch with these business owners to get a true sense if this idea might work for you. A trip out to visit our beautiful Mt. Hood area would help you assess the homesteading question.
Daryl, unfortunately your question didn't capture a link to a property. Perhaps you may want to ask a local agent about businesses in the local area. From a personal experience, homesteading is a wonderful idea. My family and I moved from Miami to Tennessee to do the exact same thing without the B&B.. However, you won't know if its a great idea until you try it. Just be sure to get on as many free directories as possible once your business is up and running. There are numerous free agriculture websites that allow farmers and such to list their businesses for free.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialists
Everlasting Credit Repair