Whubb08, Home Buyer in 34287

Me and my family currently are living in Michigan and we are very interested in buying a home in North Port, Fl., because my mom lives near there.

Asked by Whubb08, 34287 Tue Jul 6, 2010

We have seen several homes that we might be interested in. I would like to know how we would go about buying a home in North Port, with us currently being in Michigan?

Answers

6
If you contact a Realtor in the area you want to move to, I'm sure that one would be willing to set up a home search for you and then go and preview a few homes for you and send you pictures or videos. If I lived there I would be happy to do something like this for a relocating buyer. Once you have several home candidates that you think would meet your needs, you should really set up a trip to see some of the homes and hopefully find one to put on offer on. Here is a list of agents in North Port:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/directory/North_Port-agent--27507
Web Reference: http://teamlefebvre.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 6, 2010
We are from NH and recently purchased a residence in North Port, FL. We worked through Mark Tyree at Century 21, Cochran Blvd., Port Charlotte. He did so much to help us. In one case he did a walk through, while videotaping and sent us the video on UTube. We recently closed on a foreclosed property in North Port. Our $ 60K investment was easily Doubled by doing the renovations ourselves. We stayed away from short Sales and remained patient. A great realtor can make miracles Happen. Keep looking... There are a lot of diamonds in the rough out there!!!!
Whubb08

Let me know if I can help you with the financing of your Nort Port home. There are many programs I can use including FHA, USDA (100% financing) and Homepath (no appraisal needed).

Cheers
Mike Messineo
Nola Lending
941-586-5384
I have listed and sold homes in North Port, FL and would be happy to help you. Generally I recommend getting financing through a lender here in Florida. I could send you listings of homes to view. If you have properties that you would like to look at, I recommend visting Florida to see them yourself. However, I have taken photos of the home and sent to buyers and buyers have bought homes site unseen. I can explain all of the details to you. You can contact me as follows:
Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
941-276-6185
tammyhayesre@gmail.com

Here is some additional information on Southwest Florida

Thinking of moving to Southwest Florida?
Southwest Florida is in the Gulf Coast Region. The following cities are considered part of Southwest Florida: Bonita Springs, Naples, Cape Coral, Captiva, Desoto County, Estero, Englewood, Fort Myers, Marco, North Port, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Sanibel, Sarasota, and Venice.

Here you will find white sandy beaches, crystal blue warm waters, and light tropical breezes. This is such a beautiful area with many lifestyle choices. You will find it a wonderful place to live. The real estate market offers a variety of homes and condos which are unique to each city. There are properties from magnificent golf course communities...to luxurious estate homes along the beach...to high rises in the sky...to retirement communities.

Home prices are low, interest rates are low and there is no state income tax. Insurance rates are different depending on location. You can compare homeowner insurance rates by going to the following web site: http://www.shopandcomparerates.com/HOCompareRates.htm. Florida also offers a homestead exemption. Details can be found at dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/taxpayers/exemptions.html.

Some lifestyle activities are golfing, fishing, boating, swimming, tennis, shelling, museums, art, shopping, music, sports, dining, parks, bird watching, and nightlife. There really is something for everyone. Because of our tropical Florida weather, there are events year round. If you would like more information about living in Southwest Florida contact a Realtor or Chamber of Commerce in your area of interest.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL - tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Whubb,

This is a very common experience and one that is easily supported with today's access to technology. Our recommendation is to connect with a local real estate professional that can support you interests by providing you with foreclosure information as soon as it comes onto the market.

Understand that the home that are in good shape and represent excellent value go quickly. Therefore buyers need to be prepared and ready to act quickly. Your first challenge should be obtaining a letter of pre-approval for financing or a "proof of funds letter" in the event you will be paying cash.

The North Port RE market is very active at this time with new foreclosures coming onto the market daily. We are previewing two this morning for a customer that came onto the market yesterday. He is ready to go and only needs to identify the right property and have his offer accepted.

FYI...we recently audited the inventory of foreclosed homes that sold in the past 2 month north of route 41. Homes built after 2000. We found that 60 homes were sold as foreclosures in this location...of the 60...45 were sold at or above the asking price. The message here is that serious buyers need to consider the banks asking price as a real opportunity. Presently these properties are generally selling in the $75,000 to $85,000 price range.

We would be happy to provide you with more specifices about this "hot" market and the foreclosure buying process.

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Whubb08,

There are many ways that you can purchase a home here in the North Port area while remaining at home in Michigan. Your first step it to contact Real Estate Professionals that are experienced with out of state buyers and are willing to work with your needs and expectations.

I have many clients throughout the State of Michigan and sell homes in the North Port area. Please contact me and I would be happy to explain the positives and negatives on buying a home from out of state.

Call me at 941-993-7279 or email me at kenipox@prudentialpalmsrealty.com You can also learn more about my services on my website http://www.kenipox.net

Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Ken Ipox
Prudential Palms Realty