Pam, Home Buyer in Lake Havasu City, AZ

May purchase a lot on Date Palm Drive from owner to then list within 2 years. Good investment? Any buyers interested in these lots?

Asked by Pam, Lake Havasu City, AZ Thu Jan 3, 2013

Answers

6
Some have found buying a lot is useful while others have not.
Around 30 lots sold in the last month.
Keep in mind around 90 single family homes sold in the last month as well.
The price does not appear to be going up all that fast.
You may wish to think about alternatives if you end up keeping the land.
I do know people are looking for views etc when the get a lot.
There are always a number of things to look for...
Is it in Lake Havasu City or out of the City limits,... etc.

Harold Sharpe
Lake Havasu Homes
(928) 846-4555
harold@havasuhomes.org
http://www.havasuhomes.org
I would definitely do some research as far as making sure the pricing is in line. Good lots are becoming a premium in Havasu and if it is good size and relatively flat I would say its probably a good investment. New construction is starting to increase now so let me know if you need any other answers. regularguyrealty@gmail.com 928-486-6095 . Thanks
Date Palm is a mixed street of newer and older homes. Depends on the lot?
Be sure you are not paying too much for today's current market value on land especially. Land sales are slower than home sales and of course you want to be sure that you've seen the land in person. Vacant land concerns that affect value like : Is it a hillside, does the land 'drop off", in other words how level and buildable without additional extra expenses to prep it for building. Does is truly have a lake view? Land values are seriously affected by size, location, dimensions, level or not, views, zoning and neighboring properties. If you'd like a free no cost , no obligation market analysis on the land , call or email me. I'd be glad to give you an idea of it's current worth. robeets@robeets.com or 928-486-4835 cell. That will help you decide if the owners price is reasonable and may help you get better protection from a poor investment.
Of course all Real Estate can be a good investment. Do keep in mind, most of the owner sales are an attempt to get more than market value.

It is best to work with a REALTOR to be sure of current values. Also when you buy low and want to sell high, timming is everything.

Often a five year investment is safe.

David Z

888-727-6575

http://www.LakeHavasuCityHouse.com
Hello Pam,
Not sure what you are planning on purchasing the lot for, but it certainly could be a good investment. I would recommend hanging on to it for a while. If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this further, please call me at 928 854 6000. Thank you and Happy New Year! Rae Dunkley/Brooks-Clark