Home Buying in Alamo>Question Details

New_User, Home Buyer in 94583

Maximum square foot area on R-40?

Asked by New_User, 94583 Sat May 25, 2013

If I buy a 40,000 sq. ft. lot in either Alamo or Diablo, how much is the maximum house (including garage) that can be built? I tried searching online, but all I get is the setback for the frontage, for the rear and sides. So for instance, can I build a 12,000 sq. ft. home (with obviously 7-8 bedrooms, 6 car garage) on a 40,000 sq. ft. lot?

Also, is there a problem doing this in Diablo or Alamo? Would appreciate specific replies or if you could point me to a reputed contractor in Contra Costa who has actually done building in these two towns.

Thanks!

Answers

2
Carl Medford’s answer
Instead of looking online, contact the Contra Costa County Planning Department officials instead at 925-674-7205- they are the ones who have the correct information and are the ones who will be making any development decisions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013
In addition I would also contact both Diablo and Alamo city planning departments for their additional guidelines.
Much luck to you!
Suzanne Looker, Pacific Union Real Estate
Is there a reputable contractor you can point me to? Ideally, they should know this.
Flag Sun May 26, 2013