Home Buying in Martinez>Question Details

Walter, Home Owner in Emeryville, CA

Martinez - pros & cons of buying in this city vs bay point or pittsburg?

Asked by Walter, Emeryville, CA Fri May 27, 2011

Answers

4
Martinez, in my opinion, is a much better place to live for all reasons possible. It is incredibly safer than Bay Point and Pittsburg, no question. There is a nice downtown district in Martinez with a beautiful waterfront park. There are many newer neighborhoods that are very affordable. It is a much easier commute to ANYWHERE in the Bay Area, especially if you are heading towards San Francisco. Easy access to Highway 4, 680, and 24. Schools are also much better. Martinez has it's own school district which is a huge plus. In certain areas, you are also able to attend some of the better Mount Diablo District schools such as College Park High School.

Although home prices of Martinez may be higher than those in Pittsburg, the price difference is well worth it. Martinez is still incredibly affordable even comparing to neighboring Pleasant Hill, and not even a comparison with Walnut Creek.

I have been a Martinez resident since 1988, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you call Martinez home!
Hello Walter, Martinez is an easier commute location depending on where you work and where friends and family live. The homes are older (and more quaint) in downtown Martinez, but there are newer homes closer to Pleasant Hill. I recommend calling the Police departments in each city and asking about their crime rates as well as looking at each city's websites. Lastly, go sit in the supermarket parking lot nearest to the home you are considering and ask yourself, "Am I comfortable with the clientele here to go shopping here at night or allowing family to shop here at night?" Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Rachael Hand, Coldwell Banker, 925-372-8080
Newer houses on Actriz in Martinez for sale at good prices built in 2005. Any thoughts on this neighborhood?
If you have school aged children, Martinez is thought to have stronger schools than Pittsburg and Baypoint. You might want to look at http://schoolandhousing.com