Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

trini2bk, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

Married couple looking for first apartment

Asked by trini2bk, Brooklyn, NY Tue Jan 21, 2014

My wife and I along with my sister are looking for our first apartment for feb1 or 15th move in. Looking for a 2-3br with 1-3 baths in brooklyn. All have steady incomes and have been with their employers for 2yrs and up. No plans for children, credit is low but building, great references and great utility history can be provided. Anyone willing to work with us.

Answers

5
Work out what your realistic budget is. Bare in mind that because you do not have credit many landlords might ask for an additional security deposit, but it is always at least one months rent security deposit. Do you have a current landlord reference? If not that again may mean an additional security deposit.
Also when it comes to viewing apartments, you must all go together. Decent apartments are snapped up quickly and there will often not be an opportunity to see it again for another family member to come see it after one of you finds it acceptable. Also many landlords do not want to rent to people if all of those signing the lease have not seen the apartment, or more to the point the landlords agent has not met all those applying in person.
So where do you start: once you have worked out your budget; do a search on Trulia or one of the other search engines. Just put in Brooklyn, NY the number of bedrooms & the maximum rent budget and see what neighborhoods come up. Go walk around/drive around those neighborhoods, do not go by what you have heard....go look for yourselves. Once you have selected neighborhoods you like, go to the busiest Real Estate office in those neighborhoods.
For February 1st you are cutting it tight, all the better ones will be signed up already.

Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
KLilly@RealtyontheGreene.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 21, 2014
GET UP TO $ 65,000.00 IN GRANT
Why rent? Is there anyone giving YOU money to rent? Any tax deduction? Rent KEEPS going up in Brooklyn? Own CHEAPER than renting - You are in a fixed income- You NEED a FIXED mortgage! While building EQUITY? Find out if you Qualify for up to $ 65,000.00 in grant money (You do not have to repay-subject to condition & terms) Would you hate to find out that you qualify AFTER closing on your house & it's too late? How would you feel paying more than everyone else? We have helped MANY..... family OWN when they thought that they can only RENT!!! START the New Year right & make a difference for your family! Leave a LEGACY to your family!!

Free Homebuyer's Seminar
3:00 pm. Sunday 2/9/14 & 2/23/14
Come find out:
How to qualify for up to $65,000.00 in grants (Do not have to pay back - Subject to certain restrictions)
Get Pre-approved & lock in your rate (Rates are going up)
Sonyma, FHA, FHA 203, Renovation Loan, VA loan & much more
Citilift, HomeFirst, NACA ,Saving , Credit counseling & more!

SUNDAY February 9th,2014 3:00 PM
Location-
Brooklyn Real Property
9201 Flatlands Avenue
Brooklyn New York 11236
Corner of East 92 Street
To RSVP Call (718)272-8988

SUNDAY February 23rd,2014 3:00 PM
Brooklyn Real Property
389 Atlantic Avenue
Between Bond and Hoyt
To RSVP Call (718) 875-8899

Visit http://www.BrooklynRealProperty.com over 2000's listing!
Brought to you by "Brooklyn REAL Property,Inc."
WE care about our community & give back by EDUCATION!
Good Afternoon,

I would be happy to help. As mentioned by one of the other agents some land lords might ask for an additional security deposit. To be honest that's better than being declined. I specialize in 2-3 bedrooms in Brooklyn. When your available shoot me a call or send me an email and I will help you narrow down which apartments will work best for you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmly,
Luis

Realtor, Highline Residential
917-602-0293
L.Paulino@HLresidential.com
I have a 3 bedroom in Carroll Gardens on Court St for $4,000. Newly renovated island in the kitchen, big windows, closets, washer/dryer in the bathroom. If this is something your interested in, I have keys to show it
Dear trini2bk:

I do not do rentals but if you are looking to purchase a property I can help you. Feel free to contact me any time.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com