Home Buying in Manhasset>Question Details

Investor, Home Buyer in Manhasset, NY

Manhasset Homes

Asked by Investor, Manhasset, NY Wed Jun 24, 2009

We are interested to purchase a single family house with 4 bedrooms in Manhasset (Munsey Park Elem School District). What would be a fair value to pay at this time? Would pricing continue to drop?

Homes in Munsey Park start at 9k to 2 mil and above. Last quarter average home prices in Manhasset rose from 1.55 mil to 1.6 mil. Everyone in the mortgage business that I speak with are all predicting interest rates will rise at the end of the year in particular for jumbo loans. There are many great houses on the market right now that are willing to discuss price with serious buyers. This is the best time to buy in this area in years.
If I can help you in anyway or send you some 3rd party material to help you decide. Please feel free to call or email me anytime.
Good Luck
Gerry Moriarty - Prudential Douglas Elliman
917 853-7699
Hello, I am a real estate agent in Wantagh and pair up as a mother daughter team with my mother, who has been in the business for a number of years. If you are interested in help with you house hunt, we definitely can help you out. Feel free to contact either of us with questions and/or help. My name is Brittany and my number is 516-376-2580. My mother's name is Lucie and her number is 516-353-9965.
First of all, Did you get your pre-approved ready? 4 bed room single family house has big price range(600K to multi-million). if you know how much you would spend. It would narrow down your target.. and each differnt level has different drop percent. it depends on the demand/supply issue.
As a realtor, I can offer your information and help you to realize what is fair price for the market. if you found your dream house.
you won't lose if you plan to live here for another 5 to 10 years. becasue you know the makret is very bottom. and there is a very active market here for the past month.
I can answer you more details question if you have to
here is my email address: ttsai@laffey.com
my cell is 917-880-0362
Tracy Tsai
Century 21 Laffey Manhasset
I am going to assume that if you are buying a 4 bedroom in Manhasset, you probably do not qualify for the first time homebuyer credit, because there are income limits on that program. Aside from that, you have gotten some good advice here. I have worked with Arlynn, and she is wonderful. It is difficult for anyone to steer you in the right direction because you have only mentioned your basic criteria, not what price range you will feel comfortable in. I will tell you the same things about the housing market as I tell my clients about interest rates, "my crystal ball broke a few years ago, so I can't predict." Anyone who thinks they know the answer is only guessing. I you would like an analysis of what you can afford, and where interest rates are on homes in the area in various price ranges, with varying down payments, please give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Robin Silverberg
Senior Loan Officer
Preferred Empire Mortgage
You can also check MLSLI.com under closed properties for a very good general idea. Without knowing specific details about the property in mind tough to answer the fair value part. Interest rates are still good and if you are a first time buyer don't forget about the tax credit; wish I had a crystal ball to answer your question are prices continuing to drop, but unfortunately I don't. If you need assistance feel free to call or e-mail, know the area well.

I am a realtor in Manhasset who also lives in Munsey Park. Send me your email and i will send you a link to ONLy and all the 4 bedroom homes zoned for attendance at MP elementary. Using your criteria, i will also email you historical data for 2008 and 2009 and run the same stats for houses on the market.

Will prices keep dropping - that is the million dollar question, and my favorite quote about that is "the only way you can see the bottom of the market is from a rearview mirror". While no one wants to feel they are overpaying, timing the bottom is close to impossible.

Here are some questions to ask yourself: How many years do i plan to live in this house? How strong is my current employment situation? What mortgage payment amount fits into a conservative fiscal household budget?

If you plan to stay more than 5 years, feel good about your employment and can budget for the right house...buy it! You will love living here!
annie holdreith
email: annieholdreith@danielgale.com
Good Morning,

There are currently 46 homes in Manhasset for sale that offer 4 bedrooms - they range in price from $650,000 to $3,895,000 and encompass the entire Manhasset School District. There are over 100 homes for sale that have 4 or more bedrooms.

As for whether pricing will continue to drop? There are experts on both sides of the fence - some say that pricing will continue to fall an average of another 12% this year and others that now say the end of the decline is in sight. Pricing on the North Shore of Long Island certainly has been on a downward trend so far this year.

I work on the North Shore of Long Island, including Manhasset, and I have a new interactive program that will send you the information you are looking for as a Morning Report on a daily basis. You will be able to see the property information and photos, see the taxes, map it, and change the criteria you are looking for by yourself! You can save both your favorites (thumbs up) as well as your rejects (thumbs down) for future reference so that you won't have to review each listing all the time - this is a great time saver! Through this program you can jot me a note from the listing (and I can write back to you) so that we both know exactly what we are referring to. You can even change your criteria, several times if you like, so that you receive the homes that YOU are looking for!

Although you will receive an email each morning, I would suggest that you check back often since the program is updated with new listings and price changes every 30 minutes - you will know the information at the same time that I do!

This is a service that I offer FREE of charge to my customers and clients. If you would like to be included, at no charge, please let me know. You can reach me directly by phone at (516)410-3594 and by email at Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com.

In the meantime, please visit my website at http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com where you can get FREE Buyer and Seller Reports, FREE School and Neighborhood Reports, my Monthly Newsletter and other valuable real estate information.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you, meeting you and working with you to find your new home.

Regards and Have a Great Day,

Arlynn B. Palmer, ESQ, SRES, CBR, CMS, CNS
Licensed Associate Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel
Web Reference: http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com