Home Buying in Gulf Shores>Question Details

Woman4sail, Home Buyer in Bowling Green, KY

Major library? Acitivities for adults?

Asked by Woman4sail, Bowling Green, KY Sat Jan 18, 2014

Answers

4
Not just any library; a library of excellence! The Thomas B. Norton Public Library in Gulf Shores was the only statewide public library to receive the Gold Star Standards Achievement Award in 2012, presented by the Alabama Library Association (ALLA). It has been awarded this designation five times in recent years. You can learn about this and all other City and community sponsored events at http://www.gulfshoresal.gov. There is also an excellent community calendar on the Coastal Alabama Business Chamber website at http://www.mygulfcoastchamber.com.

I stand ready to assist you with your property search and get you started living the great life on the Alabama Gulf Coast.!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 4, 2014
Good libraries in Gulf Shores and Orange beach with wi-fi for computers. Adult activity centers and senior activity centers that offer a variety of activities including exercise and swimming classes in both cities . Check my website paulasellsthegulf.com for more info.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 18, 2014
There are too many activities to list! Whether it's the Bodenhamer Recreation Center, the Thomas Norton Public Library, or the Chamber of Commerce...there are plenty of things to do. I live in the Heart of Gulf Shores- feel free to contact me for more of what this GREAT area has to offer.
Another community that has an amazing library and always something to do is Fairhope. There is a very active senior center, art center that offers classes, museums; huge juried art festivals, birding festival and, now, movie festival; monthly first-Friday art walk with wine and cheese tastings, and more. It's a city that has made it its mission to maintain its small-town charm with the beautiful downtown filled with unique shops and dining that's all so close together you can easily walk it like an open-air mall, as well as a spacious bay-front park with public fishing pier that only requires a license to use. Fairhope has been rated among the top places to retire in multiple rankings. And when you want to go to Gulf Shores, go the back ways and be there in 30 minutes.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in exploring the options in beautiful South Baldwin County. I'd be happy to help with the research specific to your needs and see you through the buying process.