Home Buying in Harrison>Question Details

erijknl54, Renter in Mamaroneck, NY

Made a poor rental decision in Harrison NY 10528. What can I expect from the realtor whose fee I paid. What is the rental market like for a 2 bedr?

Asked by erijknl54, Mamaroneck, NY Wed Jan 30, 2013

Shower broken,tub cannot drain. Downstairs family wont allow me to access washer dryer,heating issues,kitchen issues. Landlord makes promises and does not follow up. Realtor( I feel) took advantage of the situation I was in.

Answers

7
I made many mistakes in addition to trusting that my agent would do the work for me since originally one item I was trying to control was to use the agent who listed the apartment in order to find something decent in my price range. Promises were made, lease changed and sent to me after I already moved in. It wasn't my agent's listing. Now my lease is over and my lose is great. Since the idea was to keep the costs low- this is a big problem. My lease is not too kosher. But- I am grown and know better but didn't. So what's the best solution.
Review your lease agreement, and discuss any issues with your landlord; if your landlord is uncooperative you may also wish to consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate...
Please call me , I may have something for you in the heart of Tuckahoe .

Ewlin Cueto
914-620-5079
Exit Realty Search #1 Office
Rental and Home Buyer Specialist
ExitRealtySearch.com
Dear ErijknI54,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Unfortunate that this is sometimes the case. I would suggest, that since you are in a lease agreement, you do your best to work things out with your landlord. If this becomes a feutal attempt, you would first need to find out what (if any) the possible consequences would be if you were to break the lease.

Your agent may have suggested that you consult legal counsel prior to signing a lease, as it is a legal contact between tenant and landlord. If not, now would be a good time to consider asking for legal advice.

Once any potential consequences were determined, you could approach your real estate agent and ask for assistance in finding another rental. If you feel your agent expressly treated you in an inappropriate, unethical or illegal way, again, you should discuss this with an attorney and ask if you have any recorse.

Hope this is helpful.

Best, Susan

Suzanne T "Susan" Clevenberg
Licensed Real Estate Broker/Owner
ROYAL GRAND REALTY, LLC
520 White Plains Road - Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591

http://www.RoyalGrandRealty.com
914-467-7833
Hi, Typically you want to make reference to issues like this (if possible and visible) before signing a lease. I think you have much more room for recourse with the landlord then the agent. With the agent you would have to have solid proof of negligence etc.

Chris
Where is your lease and what does it say? That is the document you need to review right now. Does it say you have rights to the services you claim you are not receiving?

The agent has no control over decisions your landlord makes. But if he or she misrepresented some aspect of your rental, maybe you need to give him a call. But your lease says it all.
Did the Realtor agree to move in there or was that you? Your Realtor does not decide what you should buy or rent, you do that. The Realtor shows you options and you decide. You just say they took advantage of you but you seem to have left out any details of how. It sounds like you have a landlord problem, but it is easier to blame the Realtor.