Home Buying in Fort Myers>Question Details

Pamelaneely48, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

MOVING TO SOUTHERN FLORIDA, ON OR CLOSE TO THE COAST LINE ,SO I NEED TO KNOW WHAT AREAS ARE LOWER IN REALESTATE TAXES,

Asked by Pamelaneely48, West Palm Beach, FL Thu Aug 16, 2012

Answers

9
Florida Buyer Broker, Broker, Naples, FL

Collier County has one of the lowest tax rates in Florida. Lee County on the other hand has a rate that reflects the growing Gulf Coast University. If you have even know anyone who lived in a town were a university was being built they can tell you want will happen. As the university grows th cost to maintane the infastruture of street, street lighting, etc. which are maintained by Lee County will rise. Lee County has several taxing districts, some will save you a few pennys over the other.

As you are researching your geographical location you will find that many cost will vary. Typically, they are going to even out. What I mean is that auto insurance might be more in one county than another. Medical insurance, care or availablity of doctors may vary. Flood insurance may or may not be required on any particular property. Insurance rates will vary from house to house.

I suggest you find the geographical location where you think you will love living so you will be happy.

Please see my homepage for important information for all buyers.

“The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker.” As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR® News.

There is no extra/hidden or additional cost for you to obtain my Exclusive buyer broker services in your real estate transaction. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker who represents the buyer can negotiate for the lowest price and best terms for the buyer. When you work with an Exclusive buyer broker, the brokerage firm does not list any homes, there is never a conflict of interest in your transaction. The State of Florida assumes that all buyers know all agents are transactions brokers who do not represent anyone one in the transaction and that the agents have very limited if any liability in the transaction. Unless, an agent or broker tells you they will represent you exclusively the agent is not required to disclose to you that they are a transaction agent or broker.

On my informative homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com you will learn about:

The #1 Mistake Real Estate Buyers Make – explains buyers relationship to agents/brokers in FL
21 Critical Mistakes Buyers Make
20 Things the Listing Agent Does Not Tell You about Short Sales
Short Sale Fraud
Foreclosures - the Wild West of Real Estate
Unrealistic Buyer Expectations
Buyer Beware
Chinese Drywall

There is no obligation required of you to access this important free educational information on my homepage.

A buyer broker is required to give the buyer loyalty, confidentiality, care and diligence, accounting, disclosure of all known pertinent facts and your financial status is protected.

I am licensed to sell real estate in Florida since 1981.

I am also unique because I provide my services in Lee and Collier County Southwest Florida

Beverly Howe, CIPS, ABR, GRI, TRC
Florida Buyer Broker
Informative homepage: http://www.floridabuyerbroker.com
Owner – Exclusive Buyer Broker
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
Local Direct: 239-601-2013
US and Canada Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393
Cell phone: 239-269-2766
Lee county which is located in South West Florida ( Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Sanibel, Estero, Bonita Springs) is a great area with beautiful beaches, low traffic and low property taxes compared to other parts of Florida like Miami and Orlando. In addition you get more "bang for your buck" buying a home in this area. ( Great school system and hospitals too! )

I specialize in bank owned properties / foreclosures and property management for investors. Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

Noah Otalvaro
Marc Joseph Realty
Phone: 239-672-0706
Email: noahmarcjoseph@gmail.com
Property taxes in Florida are based upon the purchase price of the home. In Palm Beach and Broward Counties it typically is 1 3/4 - 2% of the price minus any homestead exemption if you make the property your primary residence. You can go to the Palm Beach County Property Appraisers web site (http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/papa/), They have built-in tools that can assist you in your calculations.
You should check out Lee County. We have homestead exemption and if you are a veteran you also qualify for additional tax breaks. The taxes will be based on the assessed value of the home which is reassessed once a year. If you homestead the property you are shielded from large increases even if the value of the home goes up significantly. Contact me anytime for a more detailed explanation.

Terry McCarley, Realtor®, CDPE / Jones & Co Realty
email: leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net
phone: 239-707-4575
Collier County which is Naples is one of the lowest around.....I firmly suggest looking in the area. We do service the Naples and area and can certainly help.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
Dear Pamela,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. You may be locked in to the west coast but you should also contemplate a trip over to Jupiter and investigate what I feel is the highest quality of life in the state. The best place I can point you is a brief article I did about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/2352/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client from up north who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

You will find property taxes slightly lower in Martin County so parts of Tequesta are worth exploration and if you do not mind a little quieter lifestyle and a little more difficult beach access do not overlook Hobe Sound, Stuart and Jensen Beach.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
I agree with Sarah. Check out SW Florida. We are a bit more laid back, the traffic isn't quite as bad, yet we still have gorgeous beaches, shopping, a great school system, including a state university, health care , etc. check out my website http://www.SouthFortMyersDreamHomes.com
Marge Bennett
RE/max Realty Group
Hello

I can certainly advise you on that. Please contact me to discuss further.

Also there is information regarding taxes and buying in south Florida on my website - www. Floridamoves.com/patricia.varley

Regards

Patricia Varley
Email- Patricia.varley@floridamoves.com
I believe you will find property taxes are exceptionally low in Lee County, FL. We also offer $25000 exemptions if you claim this FL home as your primary residence which is at least 6 months + a day per year. There are also exemptions for military status, senority, and widow/widowers. I would be happy to discuss this further with you if you would like to give me a call or email.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2012" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Web Access to MLS: