Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

Jfdalefan, Home Buyer in Davenport, FL

MAY be transferring into Orlando. Can anybody suggest a GOOD area to start browsing that is within a half hour commute to both airport and Disney?

Asked by Jfdalefan, Davenport, FL Sun Jul 21, 2013

Looking to purchase in the 100k range for maybe 1200 sq ft. Hopefully a community type setting.

Answers

10
You may be able to find something close to the $100,000. price in the zip codes of 32812 and 32822 . It will be an older home but the neighborhoods would be ok.

If interested please contact me for more information.
I did also want to add that in the 100k range you will find many more options if you are willing to look at condos, but you need to be willing to pay a monthly condo fee of 250-400. They are also not easy to finance due to lower owner occupancy. These communities are often gated and offer nice ammenities so if that's the lifestyle you're looking for, it may be worth consideration.
Hi Jfdalefan,

I just moved my Mother from Clearwater to Winter Garden.

As a retired Law Enforcement Officer, I can appreciate your concern for waiting to live in a safe area.

Please feel free to contact me directly carlrealtycenter@aol.com or by phone 407-832-4650.

I can set a search up for you and send you listings of homes that are currently available ,and you’ll be automatically notified if something in that area you like is newly listed.

I hope to hear from you soon…..Thanks,

Carl Head
Realty Center Orlando
Would say Avalon Park would be ideal, but prices are starting at $ 165k now. Orlando resident and east orlando specialist. Google Me.

Realestate32828@gmail.com

http://www.realestate32828.com

321-800-8213
There are several nice areas in Kissimmee. But they are also over 150k. The Oaks is a nice community but it is probably more than 30 minutes to Disney and OIA and over 150k. If you are seeing a lot of foreclosures and mentions of crime it may be in Poinciana. This is considered Kissimmee by address and the post office but it is about 30 min south of Kissimmee and probably an hour to Disney and Orlando Airport. Check the zipcodes. If it says 34759 it is Poinciana and most of 34758 is also. I started in Kissimmee and am very familiar with the area. The prices are definitely lower than Orlando, but you will have to compromise on your travel times. If you are looking for best value in Kissimmee and not too far from Orlando the BVL area and east Osceola Parkway areas are your best bets. Prices are about 20-30k lower than Orlando. You may find a house between 125-150 there. But they may need updating and will also have competing buyers like anywhere in Orlando.

DON SHIPPEY CDPE*, SFR*
Broker Associate
*Certified Distressed Property Expert
RE/MAX Properties SW
Cell 407-925-2318
Office 407-857-7600
E-mail: donrshippey@aol.com
http://www.OrlandoRealtyOnline.com
I live in Kissimmee and I know the area very well. Like all cities and towns there are good and bad neighborhoods. Ill be honest and tell you for 100k you'll be hard pressed to find much in a highly desirable area anywhere but that's not to say you can't find a nice place in a nice community, it truly depends on your needs.

Feel welcome to contact me if I can help you find something in your price range in Kissimmee.
How bad is the Kissimmee area? I see a lot of homes listed and also a lot of foreclosures. I see some of the boards commenting on crime. Are there any decent neighborhoods or is it all bad?
Hunters Creek is about 20 minutes from the Airport and Disney, and among the nicest communities in this area. I have lived there 12 years. I just contracted on a 2 bed 2 bath 1160 SF condo last week in Hunters Creek I have listed as REO. List price was 88k. The only thing in this area or even nearby areas under 100k would be a condo. Most decent townhomes are 130-170k now in this area. Some other areas still less than 30 min to Disney and OIA are Meadowwoods, Wyndham Lakes, Peppermill, Southchase, and Williamsburg. But none will have houses less than 100k. Most will be 150k+ with occasional fixer uppers 125-150k.
Let me know if I can help you.

DON SHIPPEY CDPE*, SFR*
Broker Associate
*Certified Distressed Property Expert
*Short Sales & Foreclosures Resource
Military Housing Specialist
RE/MAX Properties SW
Cell 407-925-2318
Office 407-857-7600
E-mail: donrshippey@aol.com
http://www.OrlandoRealtyOnline.com
Hi

Mark is correct with his answer. You might also try in the Lee Vista-Conway area.
Hunter's Creek might still have a few condos in that price range. Really at least 2 years too late for much selection.