Home Buying in Winchester>Question Details

Inferno, Home Buyer in Winchester, MA

Low down on 17 Canal St. in Winchester, MA

Asked by Inferno, Winchester, MA Tue Dec 15, 2009

I've been looking at 17 Canal at Winchester, MA. It's a decent place from inside and out. It's listed at 399k but similar homes closing price is around 410-430k, what should i be aware of when investigating the reason for such a low listing price?

Answers

7
Well that is a tough question. What are you comparing this property with. It is a condo/townhouse. Are you comparing it against other condo properties or single families? etc.

You said you've been looking at this property. Does that mean you've been in it? If you been in it, are you working with a Realtor? If so, these are good questions for him.

If you are not working with a Realtor, you should contact one.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 15, 2009
17 Canal St Winchester MA is a spectacular property. We have been in the property and it’s well worth the money. It is a solid house with new heating, updated electrical, granite kitchen and very pretty old world details and a great back yard. There are numerous condexes on canal street which makes it a perfect fit. It's limitation is the property only has one driveway. It definitely fits four vehicles but if all have an over-sized SUV - it would make it tight. So in our opinion, that in itself is the reason for its aggressive pricing. We should schedule an appointment for you to also look at the property at 94 Middlesex. It's a good comp for canal. Let me know your schedule. Call me and we can discuss further. We appreciate your interest.
Laurie Randazzo
Caci Randazzo Team
617-512-4581
Thanks everyone for your response. I've been at their open house this past weekend and the place looks decent and the owner did a really good job upgrading the interior and with a finished attic with cathedral ceiling. Can someone give me a bit of insight specially around the Canal st. area? I know it's a bit closer to Woburn, would this be the reason why they price it at such an attractive price?
I've also looked up Redfin on some of the hisotrical closing price of either condo or single family in Winchester with similar size, they range from 410-430k, but 17 canal is priced at 399k. Everything seems to be very well position for that unit, I can hardly find any flaw, what am I missing here?
17 Canal street is currently on the market - Condominium. Its a super property priced at $399K. Walking distance of Winchester ctr., w/ easy access to Rte. 93. Lots of updates. I would be happy to show it to you. Are you in the area? Call my cell direct 617-512-4581. or email us at team@wesellwinchester.com
Laurie Randazzo
Caci Randazzo Team
http://www.WeSellWinchester.com
Also the listing agent has a very informative disclosure document on the property. You should check that out.
Web Reference: http://www.MedfordHouse.com
I agree with Bob's previous post. Working with an experienced local buyers agent will give you valuable insight into possible reasons. Winchester has some excellent buyers agents working there. It can't hurt to contact one and seek their guidance.

Good luck in your search & Happy Holidays
Hi Inferno,

Where are you looking to find the closing prices you mention above? I just ran a report in the MLS for comparable Winchester condos sold in the last 3 months and don't see the same information.