Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Paul Mooney, Both Buyer and Seller in Arizona

Looking to use VA benefits to buy multifamily up to a fourplex. Must have one unit vacant at close of escrow.

Asked by Paul Mooney, Arizona Sun Jun 10, 2012

Considering San Diego ($477k limit), Orange County, or LA County ($621k limits). Trying to figure out where it makes the most sense, right now I'm leaning towards SD. (I'm a reserve officer always on orders somewhere so my residence can be any of the three counties). Any thoughts and/or assistance is greatly appericated.

Answers

7
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your service to our country. I would definitely consider San Diego. It's a slower pace of life, more family oriented, alot less traffic with walkable communities.We have the best weather in the world and it is far less crowded than Los Angeles.San Diego is one of the top tourist destinations because we have so many great attractions such as Balboa Park,The San Diego Zoo,Historical Gas Lamp District,pristine beaches and much more.It is ranked one of top citys to live in the world.Learn more about our great attractions at http://www.sandiego.org.

A multi family home will be great because renters are easy to find in San Diego, the rental profits can be attractive depending on you finding the right property. I specialize in investment properties and working with VA loans. Having a VA loan is great, no money down, low interest rate and no private mortgage insurance.If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

To your success,

Michael Alex
REAL ESTATE CONSULTANT
cell. 619.581.9348 | fax. 619.521.0100
email. AskMichaelAlex@prusd.com
2365 Northside Dr Suite #200
San Diego, CA 92108
Prudential California Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 10, 2012
Paul,
San Diego is awesome, but If you look to the Northeast a little bit, you can buy on the cheap. I'm showing a few 4 unit properties in Temecula and Lake Elsinore for 280k and under. We are only 30 minutes from Camp Pendleton if you use the NWS Fallbrook gate and approximately an hour from the beach. You pay for the location, if you don't mind some commute, you can purchase at considerable savings. Let me know if this perks your curiosity.
Chris Francis
Paul, thank you for your service to our county and congratulations on qualifying for a VA loan. I am seeing 23 properties in our MLS system as of 6.10.12 under $477,000. There is a wide variety of properties here from the border at San Ysidro to Oceanside and each to Alpine. Many of them are in our metro area and have tremendous upside conditions available. If you find yourself in need of a Realtor in the San Diego please contact me. Bianca Romani, Coldwell Banker
Good Morning Paul, I'm actually an Orange County transplant and have been living in the North County Coastal area for 32 years. My wife and I grew up in Newport Beach and thought that was the cat's meow until we moved to North County and realized that we would never leave.

We raised our 5 children here and now all but one are raising 8 out of our 12 Grandchildren within 5 miles of our home in Leucadia. My oldest Daughter and her Husband and 4 Children live in Laguna but have been wanting to move to North County for several years.

Having traveled and lived extensively all over the USA for several of my younger years I came to realize that San Diego is an island paradise unto itself. We are vertually isolated by the Pacific Ocean to the West, A foreign country to the South, a vast desert to the East and Military installation to the North.

The climate, quality of life almost all the coastal school districts, youthful, athletic and very active culture and myriad activities has made San Diego one of the top 10 if not 5 and in some cases #1 tourist destinations in the World. But most importantly for someone who desires to make San Diego their home the real estate values make it one of the most prudent investment choices in the United States.

We are a one-stop, turnkey family owned and operated real estate broker, general contractor (rehab, remodel, rebuild or new build specialist), and design company with over 100 years of combined experience. We offer interior design, architectural, engineering and landscape services and can take your entire project from beginning to end without a glitch.

Be it a Manufactured Home, Townhome, Condo, Single Family Detached Home or land we have the experience and expertise to assist you from selection to acquisition to closing and throughout the entire process. We also specialize in distressed property acquisitions be they foreclosures, short sales, probates, etc. we can help you realize the best overall investment you can buy.

We work with all Conventional, FHA & VA even private lenders/investors. Please take a few moments to peruse our websites and references. Or feel free to call or email me anytime.

760 815-6977
onhelevel@cox.net

http://www.sandiegorealestatetoday.com
http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com
http://www.chadofalltrades.com
Paul,
I found 16 properties that are 2-4 units that indicate they would accept VA financing and are priced below $477,000
I would be glad to work with you to help you find the right investment.
Best wishes,

I am never too busy for your referrals

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
Hello Paul, First of all, I'd like to thank you for your military service.
Income properties are high in demand right now, especially in San Diego. I have been working a family who have made several offers on duplex type of properties, and each property recieved multiple offers. Currently there are no listings for sale in the areas they are looking in San Diego. I am not sure of the L.A. and Orance County market, but I believe it is pretty similar. Wherever you decide to buy, be prepared to be in competition with other buyers and make your offers good.

Best of luck to you.

Fay Yates
858-229-5434
fayyates@gmail.com
Great answer!
Flag Mon Jun 11, 2012
Paul,

First of all, thanks for your service to our country. Actually, I will be joining the Navy Reserves at the end of the year. I agree with you that San Diego is the best place to invest. I would love to help you.

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
RE#01382940
(619) 954-2225
efax (619) 270-2516
125*142*10754
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com