Home Buying in Poughkeepsie>Question Details

Italiancouple, Home Buyer in Dutchess County, NY

Looking to sell our home and purchase another in dutchess county

Asked by Italiancouple, Dutchess County, NY Thu May 9, 2013

My wife and I currently live in a newer town home community in poughkeepsie. Our unit was brand new when we moved in as it was being built. We have lived here 2 years now. We are looking to sell our MINT townhome and we are looking to purchase a home together with her aunt and uncle who we are very close with. They live in Staten Island and are looking to move to Dutchess County to be closer to us. We have been looking at mother-daughter/inlaw suites/ multi-family, but are having a hard time finding something suitable. We are looking for help on both ends as we are looking to get the ball rolling. We even considered the idea of purchasing a BIG single family home and making a inlaw suite for them. We recently visited The hills at Lagrange toll brothers community. One of the models we visited was very nice. We even had talked about them moving into the huge basement and customizing it to make it feel like home. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Answers

10
My name is Matthew Palumbo and work out of the Weichert Fishkill office. I'd be happy to visit you and help you in the selling of your home as well as with the home buying process. I can come to you or if preferred you can come to the office. Lastly, I'm a Toll Brothers unit owner myself and can help you with information on that as well. My profile is on http://www.weichert.com under the Fishkill office. I can be reached to further discuss at 914-610-0875 or via email at mpalumbo@weichert.com. Thank you.

Matthew Palumbo
Weichert Realtors Fishkill
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 15, 2013
I think you were looking to sell about a year ago to if I remember correctly. I also have a good idea where you are currently living. Since you bought new 2 years ago your chances of making any money on the sale of your present home are pretty slim, there is even a good possibility you will sell for a loss. In your current complex there are 3 home presently on the market, and in the last year there was only one sale. And that was a short sale which sold for $325,000. (Unless I'm wrong about where you live).

That being said you need an aggressive agent that understands marketing and uses the Internet to its fullest potential. The last thing you need is an agent that does the 3 P's or real estate. Put up a sign, Put it on the MLS, and Pray.

My best advice to you is to pick a few agents and start by Googling their names and seeing what kind of exposure they get for themselves and their listings. Your main concern should not be finding a buyers agent (anyone can help you buy a house). Your real need is an aggressive marketing agent to sell your current home.

If you would like to speak to me please feel free to call me on my cell (845) 380-5162

Best of luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 10, 2013
I own a family compound in Hopewell Junction. There are two houses on 11 acres of land. If you are still looking or would like detailed information, my email is em47@verizon.net. Emily
Hi, I would be more then happy to help. In fact, I recently helped clients in the same situation you are in. I typically meet clients in my office for a needs assessment and overall discussion about the process. If you would like to know a little more about how I work prior you can check out my profile and past clients testimonials.

Have a great day!

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
To Whom It May Concern,
I will be happy to assist wherever needed. Please call me at 914-610-0875 or via email at mpalumbo@weichert.com.

Thank you.

Matthew Palumbo
Weichert Realtors Fishkill
Weichert Pride Award Winner
2012 DCAR Realtor Recognition Award
Hi - Just sent you an email in response. Feel free to give a call. < Jim & Cas
Sorry I need to correct myself, upon reviewing your past question I see I was mistaken about where your home is. There have been no resales in there in there. As for the rest of my posting it holds true.
Hello - We currently have a lovely 4BR/4BA colonial listed in Holmes, NY. The lower level is completely finished and is currently being used as a mother/daughter apartment. Here is a link to the MLS listing: http://www.midhudsonmls.com/reports.asp?PropType=0&Repor…

It may be worth taking a look. And of course we would be glad to go over all the logistics of selling and buying. Don't hesitate to contact us if you would like to chat.

< Jim & Cas
I would be happy to help yo to buy or sell any home in Dutchess County...Give me a shout.

SANFORD COHEN
McNiff Real Estate Ltd
*HomeOffice: 845-473-8184
Office: 845-473-4240
Fax: 845-473-4258
Hi my name is Ferhana Naeem and I'm an agent at coldwell banker reliable. I can defiantly help you find your dream home call me at 7185171213 I'd love to chat and get some more details. I look forward to working with you