Home Buying in Bulverde>Question Details

Stephanie  V, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Looking to rent w/opt to buy in Bulverde area. 3-4 bed, 2-3 bath. 1 acre . Feb 2012. fixer upper ok...Welcome all advice. Stephanie

Asked by Stephanie V, San Antonio, TX Mon Oct 17, 2011

Answers

9
I am getting confused as to who you are answering.. I f you would like to contact me direct.. My email address is rob@rwhurst.com..
Thanks for your interest in Bulverde, Tx.
Rob

We would like to stay in the south end of Bulverde. I do understand the Pros and Cons of lease to buy. Thats why I have a lawyer and a lender helping me. I know many renter get ripped off. I have been talking with a few.
Not that sellers do not...
Also, it seem to me like many agents think buyer and seller are all "in the dark". All the lights are on here...lol.
Rent to own or lease options are a very common buzz topic these days. They are usually a work around for people that are having trouble qualifying for a loan with a lender. They can be a good method but they can also spell disaster for the “buyer” because they are not regulated like ordinary mortgage loans. This year alone I have seen a couple of people lose over $50,000 each and several others lose $10,000+. It is important to understand it raises the risk for a buyer to use these methods. Not saying they are all bad, just important that you understand the risks, there are a couple of entries on this subject on my blog, see the link below. Hope the info protects you.

Info on Lease Options:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/jimsimms/2011/11/rent_option_or_r…

Info on the criminal side of Credit Repair:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/jimsimms/2011/10/credit_repair_ca…

Info on Down Payment Assistance in Kentucky:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/jimsimms/2011/03/down_payment_ass…
Hey Stephanie..
Are you wanting to be in any particular area of Bulverde, school district or subdivision?
Would Spring Branch work as well?
Rob
Hello, we want to stay around $1,500 or less for rent. As we are saving for a down payment as well. Thanks,
Stephanie
We are working with a bank lender to get our credit up to 700. So we are about 12 to 15 months from buying.
My Husband is thinking a short sale or bank owned. The lender is telling us, that is our biggest bang for your buck, so he says. Am not 100% sure about those.
Our max with rent is $1,600. As we are trying to save and pay off some bills. No credit cards, just medical.
As for looking early, last time. We had 4 house's to look at in our price range. So, I just a bit worried...As the rental market is getting very $$$$.
I do thank you all for your answer's...
Hey Stephanie,
I concur with the other 2 answers that you have received. I would also like to add that there is a home currently available on Comal Peak that may work for you. If the timing and $$$s are correct for you.
Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Hi Stephanie, You are just a little early in your search for a February move in. Most applications are no more than 30 days out. Lease to purchase is tricky in Texas and will require an attorney to do the paperwork. Many sellers don't want to lock in a sales price in the current market, but may be willing to just lease and make a decision about selling when the lease expires. If your credit is good and you have enough for a down payment, you may never see a better time to purchase in the Bulverde area than now. All of that being said, there are many homes meeting the description you provided. Now, as Lynn said. How much??
Do you know what your monthly rental budget is ? Therefore an agent can assist you .
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com