My2buddgirls, Home Buyer in Jupiter, FL

Looking to relocate to west palm beach area

Asked by My2buddgirls, Jupiter, FL Fri Feb 8, 2013

Currently we live in NY and are looking to purchase a home in the west palm beach area. It will be used as a vacation home for a while until we are permanently living there. Must haves are EXCELLENT schools (elementary, middle and high) and a district with lots of athletic opportunities. Don't know much about the area so of course looking for safe, friendly neighborhoods. Please advise of some areas that I should look in.

Answers

10
Kathy Krailler’s answer
The best advice I can give you is that West Palm Beach has the top 2 high schools in the state. Dreyfoos and Suncoast since both require you to apply about 1 year in advance for acceptance I would recommend you review their programs for your children. If you want to send them to the local public school, most schools have excelent athletic programs because the weather is so ideal for all outside activities. Which athletic pursuits are your children most interested in. Some schools are going to excel at one or another of these sports.
I have 5 children myself so their education and safety were a top priority as yours is also for your children
If you feel I can assist you in purchasing that home here in West Palm Beach do not hesitate to call me directly at 561-523-6696 and I will give you more insight into the area schools and activities,
WHen you decide to take a trip here to scope out the area I will meet you and show you "around Town"
Kathleen Krailler
Keller Williams East
My kids are still young, 4,9,10 but I am looking into the future. We are fed up with education in NY, everything seems to be going away and there are little opportunities left for them. My price range would max out at 350,000....I am guessing that schools dont work in FL like they do in NY. Where you live, doesnt determine where your children will go to school?
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013
Dear My2buddgirls,

Thank you for putting your children's education on the top of your list when starting your home search. Generally speaking three districts typically have higher ratings that others throughout Palm Beach County; Jupiter, Wellington and Boca Raton. Either Wellington or Jupiter will work for you from a locational standpoint. In Wellington you will be 14 miles inland but still have a very high quality of life and very favorable home prices. In Jupiter you have an amazing seaside location and in my humble opinion the best spot to raise a family in South Florida. My daughter has attended elementary, middle and high school in Jupiter and is a junior this year at Jupiter High. Not sure how much you know about the area but here is an article I wrote about Jupiter that you may find interesting. That is our puppy Kiwi on the beach and Jupiter truly is one of the happiest seaside towns you will find anywhere.

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/2352/

One of my favorite sites when it comes to school ratings is http://www.greatschools.org and if you have an iPhone check out their app which is also a fantastic tool. I love their site, use it often and highly recommend it to my clients who are interested in finding the best schools for their children's education. GreatSchools profiles public, private and charter schools and has a great format for readers to leave comments. Besides their rating system the comment section is the best place to go to get real life feedback from children who attend the schools as well as their parents.

You might also want to check out the Florida Department of Education School accountability reports which are also a wealth of information and can be accessed with this link;

http://schoolgrades.fldoe.org/default.asp

After doing your homework on-line I always recommend parents visit the school live and in person prior to making any purchasing decisions in that district and if you need assistance let me know as I would be happy to show you around.

Clearly defining your housing goals paying close attention to not only location but budget and condition you are willing to accept and having your pre-approval or proof of funds up to date and ready to go is the key to success. In this market you have to be ready to act quickly when the right opportunities present themselves. I would enjoy the opportunity to be on the list of Realtors® you interview be very happy to work with you towards meeting your goals.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013

Putting schools first you would want to be in Wellington, Boca or Jupiter. I personally moved to Wellington for the A rated school system and am truly happy I did.

If you would like to get a free list of homes that are available in those areas, please feel free to contact me.

Sandra Gold - Realtor
Keller Williams
561-860-3321
DestinationDreamHome@gmail.com
htpp://www.sandragold.kwrealty.com
My name is John Ciavolella and I am selling my house in West Palm Beach in a gated development called Riverwalk. It is a 3 bed + Den, 3 bath, 2 car garage. The development has 3 pools-gym-deli-gas station-bank-post office-8 tennis courts-bocci courts-beauty parlor and town center. It is fully furnished and selling for $329,000. I am 15 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from the beach. If interested you can reach me at jciavolell@aol.com !!!
I am from New York as well. We build a home in a great community which is as close to the type of
space (One Acre) that you would normally have in New York. Lake and golf course views as far as the eye can see. (Do not have to join golf membership) Great "A" rated schools, low taxes rates and low HOA fees. Outstanding home values!!! Let me know your price point and I will send you some typical listings to review.

tbagent22@aol.com
561-758-2373
Hello, Please visit my website at http://www.esfloridahomes.com; Feel free to contact me and I would be happy to assist you with your home buying needs. Thank you and Have a great day!

Elizabeth Saunders
Prudential Florida Realty
561-676-0090
Hi, My name is Debra Manuel and I work for Golden Bear Realty, LLC. My company is a Nicholas family run agency. I also located here from back North. I moved here 10 years ago from the Souther NJ area.
I sell a lot of homes in the Jupiter, Juno Beach, Palm Beach Gardens area. This area is surrounded by communities like The Bears Club, Admirals cove, Frenchman's Reserve, The Ritz Carlton Residences.
It's a beautiful area with excellent schools. I would like the opportunity to show you around. My cell number is (561) 252-1353 if you would like to have a conversation. I just relocated a couple with four children to the Abacoa area, and they we;re from Bucks County, Pa. I would love to help! Please let me know! My email is Debram@goldenbearhomes.com
I lived in West Palm Beach for a short time and have family and friends who are still there. Greatschools.com is a good reference for school systems and a good place to start. Several other items you may wish to research prior to your purchase are the taxes and insurance (both home - including hurricane insurance - and vehicle insurance). West Palm Beach County is one of the most expensive counties in Florida. Happy house hunting and good luck!
for great schools Wellington, Jupiter and Boca.
Feel free to take a look at my website. It has homes search, community and school information all at your finger tips. http://www.HomeSearchPalmBeach.com.

thanks,

Jeffrey L. Tricoli
561-628-0299