Home Buying in Boise>Question Details

Gina, Other/Just Looking in San Diego County, CA

Looking to relocate. Horse property and fishing

Asked by Gina, San Diego County, CA Mon Oct 8, 2012

We have been looking and doing research, I'm just asking if anyone knows the best areas to buy for horse property were I can trail ride from my house, and my husband can fish. We love being in nature, but at least a 30 min drive to town would be great..Anyone have any advise..

Answers

16
We have wonderful horse property available throughout the Treasure Valley. A property just came on the market that backs up to the BLM land and is about 40 minutes from Boise, but close to grocery and gas station. Please feel free to contact me for more information and Welcome to Idaho!!
Stacey Darden
Realty One Symphony Homes
dardenjsj@gmail.com
208-713-5682
The Kuna area has the best values. Also Kuna abuts the Birds of Prey area which is BLM land and offers 1000,s of acres of riding opportunities. Kuna is about 20 minutes to downtown Boise. Kuna is between the Snake River and the Boise River, both offer excellent fishing opportunities within 15 to 20 minutes. There are some current listings with nice barns and riding arenas currently on the market. I would enjoy sharing them with you. Please give me a call.

Mark Pecchenino
Realtor, MUP, SFR
(208) 890-9952

Silverhawk Realty
1857 S. Millennium Way, Ste. 120 Meridian, Idaho 83642
If your husband needs recommendations for fishing let me know! Cheers
Dear Gina-

I would highly recommend the foothills of Ada County and even Canyon County, such communities as Eagle, North Boise, Star, Middleton and Caldwell have terrific trail ride area for your interests. The best of the best in North Eagle, the best bargain(bang for your buck) off Hwy 55 on your way to Horseshoe Bend.
Gina,
Rather than give you a bunch of advice as to where you should buy, it is important to find out what else you are looking for in a property. There are many areas to live that have horse property and are within 30 minutes of town in our valley. Please give me a call or shoot me an email and we can discuss all the amenities you are looking for. This valley has so much to offer but it is also quite diverse. annettejalonso@gmail.com or 208 870 2053.
I have your answer!
I happen to own one of the closest properties up highway 21 to Boise where you can have horses, just 15min from town. Most places are 45min+ and don't provide an easy commute. Or you have to drive way out to have horses. My place is just off Lucky peak lake! I have a 28' baliner boat and go Samon fishing every year! Put in at spring shores marina and stay as many nights as you like for free. I had to relocate to New york for work and I'm dumping my dream home at a huge loss. Cost 750K to build and only want 575K for it. Tuscan style 5361sq ft home with a 30X40 shop. It has a bass pond in the back yard! Granite and stainless huge kitchen - and millon dollar views. Some of worst pictures online I'm afraid and my realator did not even mention that you can have horses there! Check it out - #3 Hidden Ridge Boise ID 83716, Call me if you like if you have questions directly or contact the Realator as needed. My number is 518-292-4251(o) or 518-951-6626 - wife's cell - Hope it works for you Anton.
Hi Gina,

Up along Hwy 21 to Idaho City, or even in the Emmett Valley could be a nice option. Contact me and I'll get you listings to view!

-Rich Seidlitz

208-473-9058
rich.seidlitz@gmail.com
Gina, how many horses do you and your husband plan to have?

What type of horse amenities do you want on the property? (i.e. riding arena, barn, pasture, etc.)

Many agents call a property "horse property" if the zoning allows for it alone so be cautious.

I just closed a great property that may be like what you are looking for since it had 9 acres, a newer home, a shop, a barn,and was all fenced for the horses and it even had a live stream running through it.

Boise has been written up for over a decade as a great place to live in magazines ranging from Inc., Bike, Outdoor Living, Forbes, etc.

Do you need property that you can ride your horse from onto the trail or is a short trailer ride to the access point acceptable?

I have a client that has a lot of inventory in Boise County, Adams County, and Valley County some of which back to forest service or BLM ground so you could ride from your home straight into public lands to hunt/fish.

We could custom design the right home on the right lot if you have 4-6 months to wait to get what you really want!

Jim Paulson, CRS, GRI, EPRO, SRES
Owner/Broker - Progressive Realty Corporation
A+ rated by the BBB
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Hi Gina,

There are many factors to consider in choosing an area that will work for you to live and ride in. I know quite a few folks that ride all over the Treasure Valley. I think if you speak directly with them you can get the best answers for your riding options. You may also find some fun folks to ride with that match your riding preferences. They would be good to ask about the different areas to consider living in too.

There is great diversity in fishing options for your husband too. I guided in Alaska and know about all the various lakes, rivers, and species of fish we have here. I would enjoy speaking with him.

Please visit http://www.sellboise.com for an excellent resource for all your real estate needs. I have an excellent relocation email I can send you that gives you links to every activity offered in our area. It is very entertaining.

Please call, text or email me and I will get you in touch with local riders. rick@sellboise.com

Thank you, Gina

Rick Gehrke
43 Degrees North Real Estate
208-954-0088
http://www.sellboise.com
" Your Dream, My Passion"
Gina,
You are moving to the right place to have the ability to be in the country but close enough to town. I would suggest a couple of areas that I would recommend to you. I would be looking in the south of the valley which would include the south side of Boise, Kuna, Nampa, Caldwell, Melba. There are a lot of these areas that back up to BLM land which enables you to ride directly from your residence. Another area that I would recommend is the north side of the valley which would include Boise, Eagle, Star and Middleton. If you wanted to go a little further out, you could also check out Emmett, ID but the commute to town would be a little bit longer. There are great properties out in these area that allow you the best of both worlds. Your husband would also be close to fishing and all recreation which surrounds our valley.
Please feel free to log into my website and do a search for properties that would fit your needs. If you need any further information about any property, please let me know.
The Boise Valley has several areas for Horse properties. Rather than being pigeon holed in one area over another, I would suggest a Lifestyle tour of the Valley to introduce you to the options available rather than trying to sell you a home. Once you have been brought up to speed on your options we can start sorting out the best properties for you.

Please advise when you might be headed our way and I can set some time aside for your personal tour.

Dale Alverson
Relocation Director 43 Degrees North Real Estate
38 years Representing clients best interests.

208-863-3093
dale@teamboise.com
Hi Gina, There are some nice properties around the area. I have one in mind that is almost 9 acres and is priced under 200,000. Call me for details. Two08-631-7677
Hi Gina-

There are several communities worth a look. I have included a link to one that I think fit's the bill perfectly and is about 35 minutes from Boise. Also, from our site you can search our entire local MLS for free. Contact me if you have any questions about using the search tools on our site. And, if you would like additional relocation information our team is here to help. Enjoy your evening, we look forward to having you as a new Idaho resident.

Joel Hess, The Good News Real Estate Group at Silvercreek
208-794-2220
Joel@TheGoodNewsGroup.com

http://www.thegoodnewsgroup.idxco.com/idx/13026/details.php?…
Hi everyone that is so gracious in helping us along. We would like to be at the $300,000.00 or less price. With Boise being the town we shop at...Thanks
HI Gina,
If you can send me an email about the sort of home you are looking for--size, beds/baths, garage, number of acres, on-site horses, or community stables, etc. I'll be happy to send you some listings that meet your criteria.
Flag Mon Oct 8, 2012
The areas around Eagle, Star and Middleton may be ideal for what you are looking for. Close to Boise but with great access to horse trails and near to fishing on the Payette River, Boise River, or mountain lakes. A little further out, communities like Horseshoe Bend and Emmett offer more rural environments, and somewhat lower property prices. I am happy to send you a relocation package that offers information about the area as well as some sample listings. Just drop me a request in email to: PhilMount@MountProperties.com and we can get started finding you your perfect Idaho home!