Jglita, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Looking to purchase in Port Charlotte. How is section 12?

Asked by Jglita, New York, NY Thu Nov 29, 2012

Let me say this first: this could be a trick question as everybody should know we can not "stir" any buyer in a specific direction. We can not be prejudice about ANY neighborhood, type of people living there and so on.
Yes even if you did ask that question!
We can answer general questions as to climate, population density or how many hospitals we have and the distance to them.
But, other than to point the finger when you ask for help here is what I can say:
In comparisons to surrounding counties, Charlotte County is quiet and safe. We have a much lesser crime rate than Lee County to our south and taxes and utilities are also lower than down south.
Less population makes your stay here also more peaceful and entertainment is not on all night long.
My colleagues already answered the fact that sec 12 is closer to I75 and kings hwy.
Everything else might just be personal preferences.
As with my colleague I also recommend to pull statistics or check the economic Dev. web page or Charlotte counties web page for anything else that you like o know about our area.
Contact me if I can be of help.

Karin Gehring
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Currently, section 12 has a few home on the market. This area is close to I-75 and Kings Hwy, which is great for quick access to the center of town and all its great restaurants and shopping. Also, if you need to go to Fort Myers or Sarasota, its just a few minute ride and your on the freeway. The other thing that is nice about this area is that its close to Kingsway Elementary, which is an A rated public school. If you looking for a private school there is also, Charlotte Academy right up the street which has a wonderful pre-k to 8th grade program.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Section 12 is very popular by the choice of people in general due to the fact the location is quit nice for convenience. You are about 10 minutes to all of your major shopping centers. You are less than 5 minutes to your I75 Highway. You have the public park named "Harold Avenue Park" where you can enjoy quite a few outside activities. This section 12 is not a deed restricted community.

Do you have any other questions in particular about this area?
Is it city water and sewer? Also, is it a flood zone?
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012
I am a Realtor in Port Charlotte and would be happy to help you or answer any questions you may have. Right now there are 5 homes for sale in Port Charlotte Sec 12. Four are normal sales and one is a short sale. This is a nice area. It is convenient to I-75 at Kings Highway and is close to shopping, restaurants and grocery stores. It is a quick distance to go into Port Charlotte or just across the bridge to Punta Gorda. I can send you a neighborhood report if you would like. You can call or email me.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty