Home Buying in Cypress>Question Details

Vboyd, Other/Just Looking in 77375

Looking to purchase and would like a realtor who works with a mortgage company .Cypress Area any suggestions.. do builders provide one stop shopping?

Asked by Vboyd, 77375 Tue Jul 31, 2012

Answers

11
I would recommend getting established with a REALTOR such as myself that lives in and covers the area that you are considering. I have lived in the Cypress area for 20+ years. Contact me if you have not yet connected with a REALTOR/Financing team. We would be happy to assist you. melody@melodybarlow.com or 832-567-5676(C)
Hello there,

I am your one stop shopping REALTOR regardless you are buying a REO,Foreclosure,new home or re sale. I do have a portfolio of lenders that will fit your needs.

Each lender has there strengths. The key is to understand your unique situation and point you to the right direction. To know more about me and how do I work please visit my Trulia profile.

I hope this helps! Regards,

AP
Most Realtors should be able to give you references for local lenders they have worked with. I want to work with lenders who will provide my buyer's with at least the same level of service I give. Communication is a huge deal. Just remember, it's not always about the rate.

Builders do offer their own lender but that shouldn't stop you from shopping an outside lender...sometimes the outside lender is able to compete with the builders lender. If not, at least you have more knowledge under your belt.
For financing, our best bet is to contact a LOCAL Mortgage Broker at "Find a Pro" in the header of this website. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
Most Realtors should be able to provide you with a list of atleast 3 mortgage officers that they prefer to do buisness with.Make sure that the lender you choose has a great processing department as that will be vital to a successful closing. You also want to make sure that they are prompt in responding to you. If a Realor gives you a list of preferred lenders, shop rates, fees, etc , but alos find someone that you have good communication with.Sometimes the best and cheapest rates doesn't mean the best customer service or communication. As for Builders, typically most will have thier preferred lender that they will suggest you use, in exchange for paying the title ins or another incentive such as paying all closing costs. Some builders may say you must app with them to start the process but after that you can use whom ever you like for the mortgage loan, so it is still a good idea to shop rates. Ask for a GFE and compare.

If you need any help finding a home or just want to have a custom search set up, I would be more than happy to assit you and provide a list of lenders for you to compare.

You can find me at :

Email: nojohnson@aol.com
Website: http://www.ginniejohnson.remaxtexas.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/GinnieRealtor
cell:713-256--8941
RE/MAX Realty Center- Cypress TX

Happy House Hunting !

Ginnie Johnson

I am a Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager with Academy Mortgage Corporation in Houston, and I would be glad to talk with you more about a home loan. I would be glad to help you with the financing, and although I haven't worked with any of the Realtors below, I would love to, and can communicate directly with them to make sure we are a great fit and work together as team to make sure your overall homebuying experience is a great one!

Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

E-mail is Addie.Sechelski@AcademyMortgage.com

You can also complete my on-line application on my secure website if you would like to start there. http://www.CloseWithAddie.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Addie Sechelski
Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager
NMLS#176511
I’m going to give you the short answer followed by my general advice for building a new home. The short answer is yes most builders offer 1 stop shopping and every realtor® I know has several preferred lenders. If you are building a new home look closely at construction perm loans, these are loans which offer you the ability see exactly where the money is spent and offer you more control and cost savings over your project. Many realtors® do not know who to contact or how these loans work but some are very skilled at this type of project & loan; search out a Realtor® who has this tool in their toolbox and knows how to use it. Good Luck!
Your first step is to interview at least 5 Realtors®! Find a FULL time realtor® who has performed at least 15 transactions in the previous year, has participated in at least 3 new construction projects in the last 2 years. Then have the Realtor® show you some desirable areas which fit your needs and have long term potential at appreciation. Demand the Realtor® attend all meetings before, after and especially during construction this may be as many as 15 meetings, you need your representation at all meetings. As far as timetables go, typical is 4-6 months.
Picking a custom home builder is a lot like picking a realtor®; you should interview several builders before making a decision. Do not solely rely on a referral from an agent! Do the work yourself and interview several. Here’s a short check list of questions to ask:
1) Ask for current client referrals, 3 should be no problem & follow up with each regarding quality of the home and how well the builder did in regard to warranty work after the sale.
2) Ask if the builder is willing to do a cost plus contract this will save you money if the builder is ethical and doesn’t try to steal.
3) If you are obtaining financing ask about construction perm loans, these are one time closing loans and usually save the customer about 2,000 and may also have a tax benefit for you. It also allows you to see all the bills and control all the money.
4) Talk with the builders bank make sure the builder has the resources to complete the project
5) Do a basic background check on the builder look for items such as liens, bankruptcies, lawsuits different company names they are an officer in that are now insolvent and in the same industry.
6) Check with the local home builders association for a list of builders in the area
7) Energy cost are going up and the trend will continue pick an Energy Star home builder and have the home certified as an energy star home this will save you money over the long term, add quality to your home and help the resale down the road. For an energy star home expect to add 2-3% to the price of the home.
8) Ask to see a written copy of the home builders warranty program.
9) CONTRACTS- usually not a big deal and all 3 types work well the question is getting the best deal for you. The 3 types are: Realtor® provided (these protect the interest of the agents & brokers), builder provided (these protect the interest of the builder and usually provide more detail in regard to dispute resolution) home owner provided (these are drawn up by your attorney and favor you in the event a dispute arises) many times a builder will want to use their contracts, it’s usually fine just make sure your real estate attorney reviews the document before you sign.
10) Have fun!

That’s your top ten list! Good Luck!
Hello Vboyd,

I work with several mortgage lenders. Builders have thier own lenders they work specifically. They will give you a discount usually if you use thier lenders. I would love to talk to more about helping you with your search for a home and lenders. Please feel free to contact me and we can talk, I have been a realtor for 19 years and I can set you in the right direction.

Dorene Callaway, Realtor
713/829-3780
RE/MAX Realty Center
I am an agent in the Cypress area and use several lenders that do excellent work. I also have a website with properties in all of the Houston area including Cypress, it may help you in the home search process, the page is: http://www.HomeSeekersCenter.com Let me know if you need any help.
Hi Vboyd, I am a Realtor/Broker but also a loan officer. In addition, I work with another mortgage broker that have a high success rate closing on loans. Give me a call and let me help you in your biggest purchase decision!

James
713-385-1530
Most Realtors have a few favorite lenders (both mortgage brokers and banks) that they refer their clients to...ones that have great customer service, good fee structures, and most importantly great communication with the client and the Realtor. I have several that I work with...depending on the needs of my client. Builders do have a mortgage company (or several) that they refer to also, and will typically give the home buyer incentives (usually in the form of closing cost assistance) if you use one of their lenders. They will not give those same incentives to a buyer using their own lender. I've been marketing the Cypress area for many years, and have lived here for 30 years - would love to help you out! Give me a call.. Cathy Hamlin...832-275-8949