Home Buying in Bloomington>Question Details

Meghna, Home Buyer in Arlington, VA

Looking to purchase an investment home close to campus so I can rent to students. Is this a good time to buy? Is a condo or house a better idea?

Asked by Meghna, Arlington, VA Wed Dec 25, 2013

Answers

4
Houses are going to make more sense as the HOA fees associated with a condo plus the fact that many HOA's will not permit rentals; generally make condos and/or town homes a poor investment choice, unless you're initially buying them to live in yourself for a number of years; perhaps as a graduate student.
Hello. This is a good time to buy. You would want to start advertising your property for rent as soon as possible so you can find tenants now who will rent for the 2014-2015 school year. You're welcome to contact me to discuss further and start your search for a suitable property. I welcome hearing back from you.

Mike Avila, Broker/Owner
Signature Realty Services
http://www.SigRealty.net
Hello Meghna,

Merry Christmas first and foremost! There's no "bad time" to buy in Bloomington. Our market stays active and there is a healthy cycle of property in houses and condos. The market is diverse in offerings and securing the right property really boils down to your budget, desired return on investment, and required involvement with the property. I handle a lot of investors, from a person just wanting to put a rental under their belt to a group adding to their portfolio. I'm happy to be of service with your real estate needs. Feel free to contact me any time.

Aaron Steele
812-325-8207
realestatebysteele@gmail.com
There are opportunities all year round. It is important to watch the market for upcoming listings so you don't miss on a good one. I can help you find the right match for your investment goals. Condo vs. single family house, it depends on your strategy and goals. Are you going to be managing the property yourself?
I am a certified specialist in real estate investment. (see http://www.bloomrealtypc.com/what_is_a_ccim.html)
Flag Wed Dec 25, 2013