Desertmom, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

Looking to purchase a vacation home or second home in California.

Asked by Desertmom, Las Vegas, NV Sat Apr 21, 2012

Looking to purchase a vacation/ second home in California. Doesn't have a set location yet. Looking for ideas. Will like to use it to escape Vegas heat and for investment and tax write offs.

Answers

9
Desert mom,

If you're trying stay away from the heat, the beach cities are best. There is a 15 degree difference in the summertime for temperatures on the coast and those further inland. California has some great cities - what is your budget?

Each beach city has it's own personality also - have you visited? What activities do you or would you like to do when you're out here?

You've asked a great question and I would love to help you find the best city for you - even if I don't service the area. My sister lives in GVR. I'm there once a month!

Felix Hung, Realtor
Esquire
DRE#01876487
Hi Desert Mom!

Curious to know where you decided to buy your vacation home. If you are still looking for a great vacation/investment home, I would recommend by the water in the Long Beach area. You would be able to receive a very good rental income whenever you are not in town.

If I can help you in any way, please feel free to contact me directly.

All the best!

Diana Rosero
Broker Associate
Prime Partners @ Keller Williams Realty
Direct 818.859.9930
e-Fax 818.301.7488
CalBre #01806901

http://www.PrimePartnersRealty.com
I believe Fontana area is a good investment for you, as it provides an easy access to Las Vegas, and enjoy peaceful living when not in Vegas
Live on Spring Valley Lake (Victorville/Apple Valley) California. 2,499 SqFt home with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. On the water with private skip and dock. $365,000. Could be great for snow-birds, second home.
Call me at 909-634-6130 will help you find the perfect place.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Just to make you aware of it there is 10% down 2nd home financing available.
Really? Can you share more details on this option? Thanks,
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hi there, I have to agree that somewhere close to our wonderful CA beaches is going to give you the best of both cool temps year round and upside investment potential and high rental occupancy and value. As a So Cal native I have lived, worked, played and now find and sell homes in the entire region, with LA, Orange, Riverside, and San Diego counties being my priorities

If I can help you find the right property for your specific needs, please let me know or you can visit my website and search for homes at your leisure. When do you want to buy/get a tenant moved in?

Cheers,

Glen S Etherington, Principal Broker & REALTOR
877-223-1448
Calbrokerglen@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.glincus.com
I'm licensed in CA & Las Vegas, NV, what is your price range? I have a great home coming on the market next weekend in the mid $500's & another coming on soon in the low $400's, both in areas that are close to the ocean & not an oven like Vegas!

I escaped from living in Vegas for 10yrs about 6yrs ago, too darn hot for me. If I had been working in an air conditioned office all day, it wouldn't have been so bad, but in real estate my shoes would be melting into the pavement in the summer!

I can help you in 5 different counties (LA, Orange, San Bernadino, Riverside & Clark County) Maybe you'd like a couple more write offs with Vegas investment prop. I have a condo near Wayne Newton's place for short sale for about $58K rents for $750-790/mo & a home in Sun City Anthem for between $175-250k (still investigating comps) if you're interested.

There are many places that aren't that far from the ocean with favorable prices, again you just need to let me know the size you're looking for & what a comfortable price range is for you.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk to me some more. I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtor
How About Canyon Lake
To look at photos click Web Site.
http://www.cityofcanyonlake.com/albums/Snow_08/index.asp