ollie, Home Buyer in 91301

Looking to purchase a long term investment home. Which tract would be a better value to buy? Sutton Valley or Regency Hills, Both are the same size,

Asked by ollie, 91301 Wed Mar 17, 2010

although one home needs 70,000 in upgrades.Both homes are in nice locations.

Answers

3
I recently inspected one of Sim's listings in this area. I found just a few things and not very expensive repairs. Rare for me because I really pick a house apart. I suppose if I moved from Agoura Hills, Oak Park would be my next choice.
Sutton Valley has long held the reputation of being the creme de la creme in Oak Park. While Regency is newer, Sutton Valley has much larger lot sizes. Those living in Sutton Valley tend to have beautiful entertainer's yards that they make good use of, the homes in both Regency and Chambord simply don't have that luxury as a rule. Also, the homes in Regency are much closer together while in Sutton Valley everything is on a grander scale. The recent decline in prices has taken awhile to hit Sutton Valley but now that it has, this is an excellent time to make an investment.
For the record, both are quality areas, benefitting from Oak Park's top drawyer school system. Should you want help looking in either area, please give me a call. I not only work primarily in Oak Park, I live here too! Sim Carter
310-920-3697
Web Reference: http://www.simandmark.com
Sutton Valley has traditionally held its value and well and the construction is better and you receive a larger lot.
For informal purposes ask your realtor to show you sales in both areas for the previous 24 months and compare the stability.
Agoura Appraiser