Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

AKScottie, Home Buyer in

Looking to purchase a home in the next 6 months: Need a VA Home Loan, Disabled Vet discounts, First Time Homeowner discounts - Suggestions?

Asked by AKScottie, Thu Sep 6, 2012

My Husband and I are looking to purchase our 1st home in the next 6 months. Looking in Central Corridor and Scottsdale. We are eligible and want to take advantage of a VA Home Loan.

1) Husband is a Disabled Veteran and we are both 1st Time New Homeowners - are there any other discounts/programs that would apply to us that we can take advantage of?
2) If we decide to purchase a fixer-upper, what other lending options/FHA mortgage options do we have to supplement the VA home loan?
3) Are you a local Agent that specializes/has experience in VA Home Loan processes?

Thanks!

Answers

9
Jennie Miller, Pllc’s answer
I am currently working with Korene on another transaction. My client is a veteran and she is processing their VA loan. Here is her contact information:

Korene L. Clopine-Seaman
Senior Mortgage Originator / Team Leader / Mortgage Lender
NMLS# 218520
AZ License # LO-0916745
CA License # DOC-218520

Direct Phone: 623-340-0934
Fax: 623-218-1807
eMail: korene@klcsloanteam.com
Hello AkScottie,
Yes, I'm a local Agent that has experience with clients using VA Home Loan. There are many benefits for a Veteran using a VA Home Loan, which include but not limited to, zero downpayment, no Mortgage Insurance, Loan funding fee waived. In addition a disabled Veterans may also qualify for VA grant and also apply for (SAH) Specially Adapted Housing to adapt the home by putting bathroom, bedroom etc, to make the necessary home adaptation. If you like I can connect you with an experience and Knowledgeable VA loan officer. I can also send you more information on how and where you can apply for the VA Grant. Call or e-mail me today.
Grace Adewumi
gracea@realtyoneaz.com
602-769-0890
http://www.house2buyorsell.com
Ak, depending on the % of disability, your funding fee may be waived and you may not have to pay real estate taxes. Check with a local agent in that area and get connected with a good lender experienced in VA loans. Good luck.
AKScottie

The VA is a good loan for those wanting to do a zero down payment. It does roll back in the VA funding fee. There are lenders that will allow for you to do a hold back for repairs. Your lender will let you know if there are any new incentives that you might be able to take advantage of.

If you need assistance in finding a lender or would like us to help you find a home, please don't hesitate to contact us. We have been Realtors in the Valley since the 1980s and are experienced with the VA home loan process.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
Ron 602-499-0694

**** Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley" ****

Search the official active FlexMLS like a Realtor through our website for FREE:
http://www.CunninghamHomesAZ.com
First of all I want to thank you both for your sacrifice and service to and for our country.

As a veteran myself with many years experience doing VA loans, I would be very proud to assist you. I would like to go over your options with you in detail depending on the house.

VA loans allow for you to purchase with zero percent down. We allow you to use a "Hold back" for repairs to be done to the house with some stipulations.

I work with a number of very qualified realtors and those that are very knowlegable about VA loans. I will be able to recommend to you in full confidence.

If you would like some additional information, then please feel free to contact me at 623-340-0934 or via email at korene@openmtg.com I would count it a real privilege to serve and assist you both.
Hi AKScottie,

Great questions! My motto is, "Not just an Agent, but also your Advocate," so I will be hear to help and educate you every step of the way.

Some lenders offer VA Hold Back Loans that allow you to "pay" for some needed repairs through your loan, which is a no-money down loan (other than good faith earnest money, credited back to you at closing). I am not aware of any first time discounts at the present time.

I work with several lenders --- whom my clients have been very satisfied with --- who write VA loans; one important factor: because a lender writes FHA loans, that does not mean that lender is familiar with VA loans, as they are different. My "specialty" is assisting you in the buying process and in aligning with quality lenders who can guide you through the VA process. I assure you I have worked with many clients who purchased their homes with va loans.

I will be happy to assist you and if you contact me I will register you in my system so you can see new listings as they come on the market.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Eileen Shapiro
Nextage Realty Professionals
480.370.6520
Hi Akscottie,

VA loans are a great way to purchase a home because you get purchase with zero percent down. Some lender can offer what's called a "Hold back" for repairs to be done to the house. Otherwise, purchasing a fixer upper with a VA loan could be difficult if the lender you choose to work with does not offer a Hold Back Program. We work with a number of lenders that offer these programs and I would be glad to provide you with a referral.

If you would like some additional information, then please feel free to contact me.

Sean Heideman, Broker
Position Realty
Office: 480-213-5251
Hello AKScottie,

I will credit 50% of the real estate sales commission for you to use toward your loan closing costs, or you can spend the rebate any other way you chose. I can also refer you to a lender who specializes in VA loans.

Scott Clayton
Champion Realty
Broker/Owner
REALTOR® since 1979
480-216-8668
http://www.cr-az.com
Hi AKScottie,

Excellent questions. It is important to go the right people for advice. That's why I make sure I have a team of people that can provide the answers for specific needs. I am a Realtor, not a lender, so I defer to a loan officer to provide all the details on the loans, just as I wouldn't expect a loan officer to provide info on real estate. I have a lender that can assist with VA, and has other programs that can tie in to help with rehabbing and lowering your overall costs of ownership. If you would like more info, please feel free to contact me.

Adam Tarr PC
Citywide Real Estate
480-236-7374