Home Buying in Wells>Question Details

Jim Fitzgera…, Other/Just Looking in Wells, ME

Looking to purchase a condo in the Wells area, just wondering why there are so many for sale @ the Wellington Manor. Should I be looking elsewhere ?

Asked by Jim Fitzgerald, Wells, ME Thu May 20, 2010

Answers

3
Ken Lambert’s answer
Hello Jim- there are many reasons for this. I don't know that development per se, I'm just guessing here.
The answers will vary.
They may have a new condo fee (reserves) assessment to pay for new roofs at all the buildings, etc. That might be a 1 time fee of $3000 for each unit, on top of their regular condo fees, etc, etc. There may be things like that happening that the listing agent may not be quick to tell you.
If you want me to dig into it a little bit further, I know some people up that way- be happy to check into it a little bit. Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.
We have a park model summer home for sale in Wells. The only park where you own your land. 54 Bypass Rd. Unit #7. Contact us for a showing at anytime. JMTM6059@AOL.COM
Hi Jim,
Wellington Manor is a really nice condo complex. While it says it's a year-round complex and it is open year-round, there is a "29 day rule" in effect. That rule is loosely enforced but just means that you can't live there full time, you have to be gone for a day or two each month. I know the complex fairly well and would be happy to help you with this or other condos if you haven't found anything yet.
Gail