Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Melissa Reil…, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Looking to purchase a co-op apartment, one bedroom or studio, somewhere in the price range of 175,000 or less. Any suggestions? Much appreciated!

Asked by Melissa Reilly, Brooklyn, NY Tue Jan 21, 2014

Answers

7
Hi Melissa,

I have a co-op apartment for sale in Brooklyn for only $135,000, Maintenance is only $347.10. Building offers an secured entry, security system, Elevator, laundry room, storage room, and indoor garage.
Here is the listing: http://www.trulia.com/property/3088745342-388-Avenue-S-1A-Br…

Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any 2BR in this building?
Flag Tue Jan 28, 2014
GET UP TO $ 65,000.00 IN GRANT
Why rent? Is there anyone giving YOU money to rent? Any tax deduction? Rent KEEPS going up in Brooklyn? Own CHEAPER than renting - You are in a fixed income- You NEED a FIXED mortgage! While building EQUITY? Find out if you Qualify for up to $ 65,000.00 in grant money (You do not have to repay-subject to condition & terms) Would you hate to find out that you qualify AFTER closing on your house & it's too late? How would you feel paying more than everyone else? We have helped MANY..... family OWN when they thought that they can only RENT!!! START the New Year right & make a difference for your family! Leave a LEGACY to your family!!

Free Homebuyer's Seminar
3:00 pm. Sunday 2/9/14 & 2/23/14
Come find out:
How to qualify for up to $65,000.00 in grants (Do not have to pay back - Subject to certain restrictions)
Get Pre-approved & lock in your rate (Rates are going up)
Sonyma, FHA, FHA 203, Renovation Loan, VA loan & much more
Citilift, HomeFirst, NACA ,Saving , Credit counseling & more!

SUNDAY February 9th,2014 3:00 PM
Location-
Brooklyn Real Property
9201 Flatlands Avenue
Brooklyn New York 11236
Corner of East 92 Street
To RSVP Call (718)272-8988

SUNDAY February 23rd,2014 3:00 PM
Brooklyn Real Property
389 Atlantic Avenue
Between Bond and Hoyt
To RSVP Call (718) 875-8899

Visit http://www.BrooklynRealProperty.com over 2000's listing!
Brought to you by "Brooklyn REAL Property,Inc."
WE care about our community & give back by EDUCATION!
My name Larisa Giller
I have few apartments to show in a different areas
Please give me your ph or call me at 7187300077
Thanks Larisa
Dear Melissa:

If you want contact me direct. I have several co-ops listed in Brooklyn and would be more than happy to assist. Here are some things to keep in mind when purchasing a co-op in Brooklyn:

1) All co-ops are different and they each have different policies and "house rules", make sure you find out all the policies and rules (as an example some do not allow pets, some do not allow subletting).
2) Most co-ops in Brooklyn have minimum down payment requirements, most are 20% or more. Make sure you know this so that you know you meet the minimum requirement.
3) Make sure you find out the co-ops flip tax policy. This is a fee the coop charges the seller of the coop at the closing. If the flip tax is to high, it can make it hard to sell the coop down the road and it may also make it difficult for you to obtain financing on that particular coop. Remember, the coop has to meet the mortgage bankers qualifying standards in addition to yourself!
4) make sure your attorney reviews the coops financial statements to make sure they are in god financial health.
5) Most coops require "board approval" of the buyer. This is like going on a job interview, make sure you are prepared. they usually will ask you for 2-3 professional and 2-3 business references, work on getting those now so you have them ready!
6) Make sure that the attorney you hire specializes in coops in Brooklyn.

If I can be of further assistance, feel free to contact me direct any time. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
There are many listed here on Trulia.
Just leave your search open to all of Brooklyn, not your dream neighborhood, and then put in the price and quite a few listings will come up.....unfortunately probably not the neighborhoods that you are hoping for.
But there are some very nice apartments out there.
Keep an open mind, keep an open search.

Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
KLilly@RealtyontheGreene.com
I have listing Kensington area, studio for $135,000. B or Q train take less than 20 min to Union Square. Please contact me 6463271121 or kei@corcoran.com
I am happy to work with you.
Hi Melissa,

I have a co-op apartment for sale in Gravesend Brooklyn for only $135,000.
Take a look for yourself:
http://www.trulia.com/property/3088745342-388-Avenue-S-1A-Br…
$135,000, Studio, Secured entry, Elevator, Laundry room, indoor Garage.

Cheers,

Winston Maragh
CITI HABITATS
250 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10003
Phone 347.631.4330 | Fax 917-262-7371
Sales + Rentals. Knowledge + Guidance.
Maintenance: $347.10
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014