Home Buying in New York>Question Details

2015Buyer, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Looking to purchase a 2 bedroom condo, but would also consider a one bedroom condo in NY. (It has to be an FHA approved) Where can I find listings?

Asked by 2015Buyer, New York, NY Sat Sep 22, 2012

Answers

11
You could rent out a condo, or look for an investor coop which would be roughly 30% less.
Please call me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Thank you all for your feedback. This is all very helpful!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Consider working with an agent, or ask your loan officer for a list of approved properties; also see link
https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm
2013Buyer,

There are a just a few developments throughout NYC that are FHA approved. The first step in your homebuying proess should be to get preapproved to determine how much real estate you can afford to buy. Then contact a local real estate and let then know your criteria and they can provide you with a list of what is available in the areas that you are interested in.

If you are not working with a real estate agent, please consider doing so, you do not pay a fee to have a buyers agent work with you unless otherwise agreed to.

Hi 2013buyer,
You should get an agent assist you to find the apt which will matches your requirements.
It will be save your time, also you will have a professional adviser (Real Estate Agnet) to help you.

Please contact me if you have any questions
My cell: 631-902-5838

Have a wonderful day! :)
Linda Zhao
2013buyer. i misread your inquiry the web site provided will let you know if the the building is FHA approved, again not many.. You can get listings from an agent of your desire, most listings will not typically specify if a building if fha approve, you have to ask. Sometimes the listing agent has no idea so you can help yourself by going on the website provided.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
Hi, your best bet is to have an agent pull listings through the local MLS. In the mean time you can visit https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm to see what are on the FHA approved list. Not sure if you are looking in NYC or just NY state in general. I cover Westchester County and recently moved to NYC.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
914 406 9023
The best way to find listing is to contact with a local real estate agent.
Oh that's unfortunate to hear. However, thank you for your response.
There won't be that many right now but here's the web site to check https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm