Non realtor here. My wife and I moved to central NJ 7 years ago. Two kids later, we are very happy with our choice to live in Robbinsville. Here's why:
1) Able to buy a quality new home for less than $500 K (have had multple inspectors validate).
2) Able to live in a smart growth area where I walk with my young kids to many functional retail places (Delorenzo's pizza, Marrazzo's market, etc.)
3) 5 minutes from Mercer County Park
4) Can be on Spring Lake or Sea Girt beaches in 42 minutes
5) Walkability to many other homes/neighbors
Schools are good--having some growing pains but all in all a good place.
Go here : http://teamsenter.com/home.asp and click on the listings. Chesterfield is close to all major highways. email us for info and i will send it straight to you. There will be a special open house this next week where we are giving the buyer a credit of 1% through the builder. Come see us this Thursday from 8-21-08 from 6-8 pm. If you would like to see it sooner contact us and we will generate a coupon to make sure you get your discount.
If you are interested, reach out to me to register - you can find more information as well at my website http://www.feenick.com Click on Planned Events and scroll down.
Hope to hear from you!
Specializing in Somerset County
I'm not a realtor, just ordinary guy interested in real estate living in Mercer county. You stated that you live in Mercer county so I assume that you know area. Best place is Princeton but with 450K you can't buy an updated house. Maybe some small with need of remodeling. Closest to the Princeton is:
- Montgomery - expensive, high taxes, traffic on 206 (main road thorough township, other option is Great road but not much better) is bad in rush hours and more often also off rush hours,limited shopping but with coming new development more options, great schools, "country living" style, safe.
- South Brunswick - more afordable, Franklin has good ethnic shopping options, good schools, traffic on 27 could be bad in the rush hours, on Rt. 1 very bad, those are main N(north)-S(south) arteries. With 450K you can buy something nice in good shape.
- Plainsboro and West Windsor - expensive, high taxes, very good schools, nice area to live, but problem with commuting, because you have to use Rt.1 to travel N-S. E-W also problem, you have to cross Rt.1.
- Hamilton - with your money you can buy nice house, but beware, some small parts of township are "rough" but generaly nice afordable place(according to Money magazine one of the best places to live in USA), I like University Heights, taxes are going up next year, plenty of shopping along Rt. 33, Quakerbridge rd., school - depends which, big Mercer county park around the corner, big hospital in township.
Lawrenceville - with 450K you can buy nice updated house there, smaller in the village section vhich is more expensive, but in Nassau I and II whch is development around Princeton pike between Franklin corner and Texas ave., you can buy a house in move - in condition with nice lot. Schools are good, shopping also very good with shopping centre very close, commuting is without problems, N-S you can use 206, Princeton Pike or Rt. 1, close to I-295 and the best, it's just 10-15 minutes to the downtown Princeton, taxes are affordable, medical offices very close, safe.
I live in Lawrenceville and work in Princeton, commuting is easy, shops - within 10 minutes we have everything, from mall to farmers market and if you want nice evening stroll in the town, dinner, concert or theater in 10 min. you can be in Princeton and enjoy all it offers.
You can find many homes in your price range (New Construction & Re-Sale in Mercer & Northern Burlington Counties. Robbinsville, Hamilton, Chesterfield & Bordentown would have what your looking for as far as budget and schools. If either of you have to commute for work we are located minutes from Interstate 95,195, 295, NJ Turnpike, Rt1, 206, & 130. These communities are all convieniently located along the corridors serviced by NJ Transit Trains. If you would like further informatin please contact me at the number or email address listed below. You can also visit me at http://www.RobbinsvilleHomesforSale.com or http://www.TriCountyhomes4sale.com.
Good luck & I hope to hear from you.
Desiree Daniels Team Leader
The Desiree Daniels Team
RE/MAX Tri County
RE/MAX Tri County "The Single Most Productive Real Estate Office in New Jersey"
You will find school information on my website http://www.feenick.com The Star Ledger interactive School Report Card is especially helpful - you'll find it there - because it allows you to compare and contrast school districts/schools easily.
I'd be honored to assist you with your search and purchase Melanie. Please reach out to me. I stand ready!
Search and connect at http://www.feenick.com
I am an agent specializing in Somerset County. I will follow with more information regarding the inventory levels in various communities, but for now, I want to invite you to visit my website http://www.feenick.com You can search for properties and connect to helpful community info and links. Check out the Local Market Commentary section to learn more about how our local markets are moving.
I'll be back with more....
Search and connect at http://www.feenick.com
For the ease of a statewide ranking that I think is also pretty good, see:
And for comparative rankings, the Star Ledger's rankings: http://www.nj.com/news/bythenumbers/
IMHO, the schools in Montgomery, West Windsor-Plainsboro and Bridgewater are best.
You could have some really nice options in South Brunswick,Montgomery, Plainsboro Robbinsville ...for single family homes.
If your move in time frame is within the next 2-3 months i could send you some listings that are available now.....point out the plusus & minuses of each area & community & provide you with a buying strategy.
if your time frame is longer, I could set up a search for your requirements ......so you automatically receive the new listings as they come available in your price range.
I have worked with buyes in all of these areas & am familair with the communities- commute & transportation options- price points & amenities- schools .
99% of my clients over the last year in these areas have been first time homebuyers.
With a budget of 450K you have several possibilities. Somerset County has many school systems that are ranked well on websites like http://www.greatschools.net or http://www.psk12.com to find out about the schools. How many bedrooms and what size property are you looking for? Some popular areas are Hillsborough, Montgomery and Bridgewater.
I'd be happy to discuss what currently available in this area if you're interested.
ERA Statewide Realty
Office: (908) 874-7797, ext 519