Adrye, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Looking to move closer to uptown Charlotte, have looked through several neighborhoods, would like to get into

Asked by Adrye, Charlotte, NC Mon Aug 24, 2009

a good, safe neighborhood. Wondering what neighborhoods we should be looking at and what would be the best investment, with best equity?

Answers

6
Debbie & Salvador Arriero’s answer
There are certainly several nice areas closer to uptown - depends on your price range, etc. If you are not currently working with a Realtor, I would be happy to help. Please email me or give me a call.

Debbie Arriero, Realtor/Broker
704-451-3895
http://www.propertiesofcharlotte.com
Lexington neighborhood of off Mallard Creek rd. is 20 mins. to uptown and it is a very safe neighborhood. The builder of the neighborhood is John Wieland who is reputable and award winning builder. The layouts of the houses he builds are open and airy , good for entertaning and aesthetically appealing!
My company, Savvy + Co. specializes in the areas near Uptown and in Uptown Charlotte. There are several neighborhoods which are lower in crime statistics than others. I can show you those crime statistics so you will have peace of mind that you are moving into a safe neighborhood.

As far as a good investment, the old saying holds true - "Location, location, location!". Charlotte's "downtown" area is very vibrant and is becoming the crown jewel of our city in terms of entertainment, dining, and much more. Therefore, the demand for housing closer to town is still good.

It is always smart to buy in a buyers' market and this is definitely a buyers' market. You can buy a home at a lower price than 2 years ago and watch that investment/equity grow when the economy turns around. Using an experienced Realtor can help you not only choose the right home and neighborhood to fit your needs; but, a Realtor can help you buy a home that will be good for resale in the future.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I would be happy to help you!
Hi Adrye, It just depends on which location you want to be in, and what is closest to your job. I personally think that Dilworth is a great safe place to live. I have seen it evolve over the years, and now prices are down a bit. It is very close to a lot of development, which means the property values are going to escalate in given time. Dilworth has always been a nice choice neighborhood. Midwood section is also being rejuvenated. I would say that is also a superb place to live. Charlotte is full of great places to live. Just give me a call or e-mail, if you are interested in seeing some properties, and if you are not working with another realtor.

Kind regards,
Ginger Moore realtorginger@yahoo.com
http://www.charlottelakewyliehomes.com
Adrye, personally I've been buying houses around the uptown area, renovating, living in them for 2 years to get the tax free gains, and then selling and moving to the next upcoming area. I started this in the Midwood area and now am over in the Wilmore area. Now is a great time to buy in Midwood, Wilmore, Elizabeth, Chantilly, Wesley Heights and even Dilworth. The prices have rescinded back to 3-4 years ago in a lot of the neighborhoods. They will become hot again. Depending on how comfortable you are with certain neighborhoods can mean more equity in a short period of time. For instance, Wilmore isn't at the redevelopment phase of Dilworth yet so you can buy a lot more reasonably there but your neighbors may be renters....and vice versa.

Feel free to let me know if we can help.
Thanks<
Mike Moulton
There are a lot of choices out there. Do you like walking to funky eclectic shops and restaurants, or maybe walking you dog to a nice greenway park? Most of Charlotte's in town neighborhoods are good investments... most have appreciated about an average of 8 - 10% per year over the last 3 years. I think you need to find a neighborhood that fits "you"!

I'd be happy to make some recommendations if you tell me a little more about what you like in a house, and what price range you think you are in. You may want to check out our neighborhood blog: http://www.hiphoods.com it has info and videos on lots of the in town hoods.

You can also check out my website below.