Home Buying in Sarasota>Question Details

jss1266, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Looking to invest in property in the Sarasota area strictly for rental only.Are there listings for investors only for potential rental property?

Asked by jss1266, Sarasota, FL Thu Mar 7, 2013

Answers

11
David Barr’s answer
I have a page of information devoted strictly to investors, with property recommendations, market overview, and tips and strategies: http://www.davidbarrhomes.com/investors

By the way, there are listings in our MLS classfied as "income", which are meant for investors.

I'd be happy to help you find the right property for your needs.

David Barr, Broker Associate
Allison James Homes & Estates
homesinsarasota.blogspot.com
@sarasota_homes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 7, 2013
To answer your question -- no, the MLS does not have a category of listings just for investors. So it's up to investors to find a real estate agent that deals with investor buyers and is familiar with not only what investors are looking for, but also current rental rates of the various neighborhoods.

Right now, iventory is low, especially if you are looking for particular neighborhoods and homes priced under $200,000 or condos priced under $120,000. Multiple bids are becoming more and more common, especially on distress sales such as REOs and short sales.

if you'd like information on the inventory in various neighborhoods, rental rates, etc. in the Bradenton - Sarasota area, please give me a call or email me with your specific questions as I have been working with a number of investment buyers over the past year and therefore know the current market well.

thanks,

Diane Christner, Realtor, GRI, SFR
Realty Executives Solutions
Sarasota, FL
cell: (941) 726-7109
email: DianeMC21@aol.com

http://www.DianeChristner.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 7, 2013
Hi Jss,
Your agent can set up any variety of searches for you. For example, one search could be for a multi-family home within your price range. By definition you'd be investing in property that is designed for rental. Or you might be interested in some properties that are close to the beaches, say in zips 34239 and 34231, where some small homes might rent very well as vacation homes. Another option would be to purchase a condo, however some condominium associations have limits with respect to how many units can be rented at a time, or have a minimum lease period. On the other hand, there are also plenty of popular condominiums which can be rented out annually and provide a steady source of income.

It depends what your goals are, and how diligent your agent is willing to be when it comes to setting up search criteria for you.

Hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to ask for more information if you have any other questions.
I have a great rental property that I will be listing very soon. There is a tenant in place who wishes to remain. The tenant has been there for 3 years and according to the property owner, has a perfect payment record with yearly rent rate increases.

List price on the property will be approximately $170,000.

Call me if this property sounds like something of interest.

BRIAN A. MCGREEVY
Broker/Owner, REALTOR, MBA, GRI, ABR, SRES, RRS, AHWD
Five Year Winner - Five Star Award- Best in Client Satisfaction
Sarasota Home Realty
2100 Constitution Boulevard
Sarasota, FL 34231

Website: http://www.SarasotaHomeRealty.com
E-mail: SarasotaReal@gmail.com
Phone: (941) 544-6763 FAX: (941) 866-7588
We at Property Owners Institute put together lucrative transactions for investors protecting them and their money in several ways.

Every week there are profitable opportunities in small apartments with solid returns. In fact, we often acquire our best deals from out of town apartment owners who thought they knew how to buy and operate their apartment building.

I am George Keen, a professional real estate investor of a few decades, not an agent or broker. Please email me regarding the amount of cash are you considering investing and what you want to accomplish.

George@GeorgeKeen.com
Property Owners Institute
Ohio and Florida
If you would like to email me your criteria I will send you the listings that match what you are looking for. This will reduce your search time and help you to focus on only the properties you would like to invest in.

Michael Holderness
SaraBay Real Estate
941-725-0338
mike@mikeholderness.com
Look at Siesta Key. I'm a NJ Realtor who bought there and have been very successful with my rental property. You need to be sure you buy where they allow weekly rentals. If you need a good agent, let me know. Mine was awesome! Also, I have a great management company recommendation for you.
This is an ideal time to purchase rental properties. There is a high demand for rentals and rent is starting to increase. Although sales & prices have started to go up in the Sarasota area, there are still some good deals. Mount Vernon has been a residential resource in the Sarasota are since 1986, If you would like more information please visit our website at http://www.mountvernonpm.com or call me at 941-957-4677 ext 318.

Ray Shope
Realtor/Property Manager
5037 Ringwood Meadow Bldg. G
Sarasota, FL 34235
941-957-4677 ext 318
there are many opportunities
what is a your price range? also, ideally what is the % of return are you looking for on your money?

hard to give you a true answer without knowing this
let me know the answers and we can talk more
David Leventhal
There are many different directions you can take to be successful with real estate investments in Sarasota. I did it years ago, long before I moved to Sarasota full time and changed my career to work in real estate.

Feel free to call me direct, if you would like to discuss your goals and possible options. My company handles sales and rentals so we can be a "one stop shop" for your real estate investment needs.

BRIAN A. MCGREEVY
Sarasota Home Realty
2100 Constitution Boulevard
Sarasota, FL 34231

E-mail: SarasotaReal@gmail.com
You can search my MLS web site for income property. http://tammyhayesre.mfr.mlxchange.com/
I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/