Home Buying in 94609>Question Details

Yes Duffy, Home Buyer in 94608

Looking to convert commercial space to live/work in 94608 or 94609. You know of any properties or agents or websites that specialize in this? thanks!

Asked by Yes Duffy, 94608 Tue Apr 20, 2010

I am looking for a warehouse-like property that I can renovate into a home in 94608 or 94609. Trulia has mostly traditional housing. Would I need a commercial agent, and look to get a zoning variance? Thanks!

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes Duffy,
Your best bet is to connect with an agent and/or a developer/contractor for assistance. I have worked with a couple of developers who have done this type of work in recent years. If you seek out a commercial agent, be ready to SHARE your complete financials and business plan before they give you the time of day.

Give me a call or email and I can make some direct recommendations for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
I have a prorperty for sale that might work for you. Please call Dinesh (510) 593-9111
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 30, 2012
I have a short sale listing at 345 Lewis in west Oakland. Although it has an offer accepted by the owner, the final decision rests on the lenders approving the short sale. http://www.alamedahomefinders.com/Oakland/California/Homes/4…

West Oakland may be a place you could look into since there is quite a number of lofts and warehouses in that area. It would be easier to find something that already functions as a live/work space than to get a variance.

Let me know how I can help....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer