Home Buying in Crestline>Question Details

Cleo, Home Buyer in Lake Elsinore, CA

Looking to buy vacation cabin and want to know best approach for our situation...

Asked by Cleo, Lake Elsinore, CA Wed Aug 10, 2011

My husband and I are looking to purchase a vacation cabin by Lake Gregory and can afford about $30-$40,000 cash offer on it. We've been checking the listings regularly but it looks like everything in that price range is in Escrow or recently sold. We were toying with getting a subscription to one of those foreclosure sites or maybe even contacting a local realtor to see if they know of any short sales coming up that might fit our needs. Any thoughts on what might be best? Do those sites give any better info than what I can already find online? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Answers

7
Cleo, In my humble opinion save your money and forget about the foreclosure lists or other paid subscriptions. Find yourself a good buyers agent in the area and work with them until you find exactly what you are looking for. A good buyer's agent is worth their weight in gold on every transaction; but, doubly so when you are looking to buy a property from a distance. I encourage you to check out agents and their profiles on Trulia and/or get referrals from family and friends.
The San Berdo Mountain area is rife with buying opportunities. Best to contact an RE Pro in that area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 12, 2011
Hi Cleo,
For Lake Gregory or anywhere you want to buy, your best bet is to work with a local Buyer Agent. Your Agent will have access to everything that is listed for sale, and might even have some listings that they know about, that are not listed on the MLS.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 10, 2011
Don't pay and waste your money for any foreclosures sites, oftentimes the information is misleading and inaccurate; do work with an agent of your own, he/she will be your best guide...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 10, 2011
The Crestline/Lake Gregory area is covered by two multiple listing services (MLS). You need to select an agent to represent you so that you can have listings forwarded to you as soon as they are entered into either MLS. Going at it on your own is difficult. Even as a cash buyer, you need to make sure that you have someone protecting and advising you; that's the role of a Realtor. The Crestline area has a lot of awesome deals, but you may not be seeing all of them.
We would be happy to help you if you'd like to contact us. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 10, 2011
I have been looking in the Lake Gregory and surrounding area for quite some time, for my own reasons i did not buy yet. However, I highly recommend Kamryn Crisp, who works with cash investors who buy the cheap homes. She also works directly with buyers, and is very responsive. She is a true professional and everyone in the area of realty in the Lake Gregory and other areas knows her,

Problem solved.
shrimp7
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Go with a local agent who will assist you in finding the right property. There are many homes to pick from in the Crestline/Lake Gregory area.