Home Buying in Denver>Question Details

Kathleen, Home Buyer in Greenwood Village, CO

Looking to buy land & build, but unsure if this is a viable option financially. We like higher end finishes / We are looking for only 2k-3k fin sq ft

Asked by Kathleen, Greenwood Village, CO Sun Aug 31, 2014

My husband and I are looking to downsize. We currently live in Greenwood Village in a beautiful home in the Preserve.

Since we haven't found anything we love... We are considering building. Sadly, we have heard horror stories about the whole process. Is it possible to buy land AND build an amazing house for under $825,000 total costs in our desired area.

(Desired Cities: Denver, Greenwood Village, Cherry Hills Village, Centennial, Lone Tree, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, SPECIFICALLY -- South of Hampden and North of Castle Rock with a less then 8 minute drive to I-25, --) ??

Answers

4
Kathleen - I suggest you find a local agent - you can use Trulia's "Find an Agent" option at the top of the page. Hopefully a local agent from CO will come along who can really help answer your question.

Please do not rely on anyone from across the country offering to "help" you - they can only refer you to a stranger and will expect to collect a referral fee...that really doesn't address your questions.........find a local agent if no one comes along on this forum (trulia is experiencing problems with their Q&A section - usually local agents would be notified when local questions are posted - this notification system is not currently functioning!)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 31, 2014
I was curious why only ONE person responded and she was from out of town. I hope they fix the function because we post on here to get answers. Thx
Flag Mon Sep 1, 2014
Kathleen

I would be glad to help you.
I have someone that is very experienced with new construction options and your area specifically and would be glad to refer you.

I look forward to hearing from, to get you started.

Kelly
kelly0870@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 31, 2014
There are 2 types of loans that we offer for what you are looking to do, we off a one time and a 2 time close. The process is not all that complicated when you have the right company doing the process for you. With us our construction team handles all the details of the transaction. I would be more than happy to chat with you and see if/how i can assist you in building your dream home. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Two days on this site and only two responses?? I'll probably delete this site....

-Disappointed