Roxane Orgill, Home Buyer in Riverdale, Bronx, NY

Looking to buy in Riverdale and considering several buildings near dog runs/parks. Which dog areas are best?

Asked by Roxane Orgill, Riverdale, Bronx, NY Thu Jun 4, 2009

Answers

4
As a pet lover and pet owner of three (two of which are rescues) I have taken full advantage of and utilized all the great areas in Riverdale where my dogs can play and explore. As mentioned, Ewen Park is one that has a fenced in dog run. Van Cortlandt Park has a fenced in dog run as well and because it is such a vast park, there are hiking trails in the back. Although some buildings are becoming somewhat stricter, I still find Riverdale as a whole to be a real canine community. I like Seton Park very much (located in Central Riverdale). They have two very large dog runs, one of which has an old dead tree placed in the middle of the run that the dogs seem to enjoy chasing eachother around in. There is another one on Riverdale Ave around 256th Street that is about a year new.

Riverdale also comes with many resources that can help in caring for your best friends. There are some great day care options available where you dogs can be picked up in the morning and spend the whole day out in the park with their friends. I can certainly give you the names of good doctors, pet walkers, boarders and day care establishments that come with great reference and come highly recommended. I would be more than happy to help you with your search in locating the perfect property.

Warm Regards,
Christine O'Brien
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 4, 2009
Can anyone advise me if it's possible to park one's car at the various riverdale #1 train stops in the morning? I'm looking to live up there and it seems it'd be a faster commute if I could leave my car at either the 242 or 235th street stops. Thanks
I think the most popular building for dog lovers is the Skyview building. It has its own dog run, pool, tennis courts and gym. It's got great views and its own shuttle to the metro north. If you miss that, you can get the Hudson Rail Link down the block or a regular bus to the subway. They also have indoor and outdoor parking at low cost. Great building!
There are a few lovely parks...there's Van Cortlandt Park on the other side of Riverdale and Ewen Park in Riverdale. If you'd like to email me or give me a call I'd be happy to take you on a "Tour of Riverdale".

Best of Luck!

Laura Lazar Kearns
Licensed Realtor
EXIT Realty Van Zandt
Phone - 646-498-9302
Fax -646-731-6875
http://www.lauralazarkearns.com
Hablo Español!
Vorbesc Româneşte!