Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Nicole Larson, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Looking to buy in Lake County, Illinois - which options in terms of cities should I be looking for Express Metra trains to the city?

Asked by Nicole Larson, Chicago, IL Wed Jul 3, 2013

Hi Nicole,

So many wonderful options in Lace County. Check out the metra transit map/schedule http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/travel_gui… then check out http://www.evelynfred@mredselectsites.com to search for homes along the route that best suits your needs.

Good luck and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 14, 2013
I would be happy to help you secure financing. You need to be pre-qulified to start looking with a Realtor. There are many down payment assistance programs for first time homebuyers.
Joanna Weiss 773-327-3580 NMLS 230092
Sorry typo...meant to type Lake County
Nicole Larson,
The Metra system covers most of the Lake County area. I service Lake County and can send you home listings within these areas if you like. Please provide more details of what what criteria matches the type of home you are looking for. I can send you active listings that match that criteria today.

Gary Geer
Results Realty

You will find lots of great small cities throughout Lake County. If you have children you will want to see how the cities are ranked along the Metra Line. I would recommend you work with a broker who is very familiar with the Real Estate Market in Lake County who understands the market and cities along the Metra Line.

Best of luck,
There are a ton that do this. I would go visit all the different ones and see which one fits your personality the best.
Happy 4 of July Nicole i hope you have a wonderful day .
Take a look at this combination , schools , metra stations and distance to work with you budget

There are many great cities in Lake County that have access to Metra, almost of them do however you would need to decide which cities in Lake County you prefer to live in by priority, how close you want to live to the Metra, etc. Most of the cities in Lake County, such as Lake Forest, have the Metra stop running through downtown areas.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Founder and Team Leader

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Extraordinary Service For Extraordinary Lives"
Greetings Nicole,

Plenty of options exist with METRA servicing many communities in Lake County.

Union Pacific North
Milwaukee District North
North Central Service

Depending on your budget and preferences you should be able to find a community that meets your needs.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Bill J Deligiannis
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
I take the express from Deerfield. Very easy to park there and lots of choices for dinner, shopping, etc after the return trip.
Flag Wed Jul 3, 2013