Home Buying in Dublin>Question Details

Israel, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Looking to buy in Dublin, CA or Livermore, CA. I am leaning more to Dublin, but which is the best location?

Asked by Israel, Dublin, CA Thu Jan 17, 2013

Answers

7
Best in terms of what? Appreciation? Lifestyle? Commute? What is important to you? Each community is right for people - look at all the people living there! But to find out wich is right for you takes many questions. We need to determine which community is the best fit for you. There are questions of how long you plan to be there, how important is appreciation? Are schools a factor? What do you need in a house, and what is a "nice to have"? Where is your job, and how big a factor is the commute to your decision?

Most people choose a home by the neighborhood it is in. Have you driven the neighborhoods? Which community reminds you most of where you or your spouse grew up?

These, and many other questions are things I help my clients sort through. I have lived in just about every part of the east bay, and have helped people buy just abour everywhere here. With my help, they find the right place for them....not the right place necessarily for me. Do you see the difference? My skill is in helping people identify the area that is right for them, and in not pointing them to the place I prefer. There are pros and cons of every community, and I will point out both to you to help you make the decisions that are right for you.
As stated below, it totally depends on your personal criteria. Both cities are great! I’d recommend you take some time to write a list of things that are important to you: commute, school scores, shopping, community amenities, etc. … then compare for each city.
Hello Israel,

Dublin and Livermore are both very good areas to live in, but it depends on where you work and how far you want to be.

Dublin is very centrally located close to 580 and 680 freeways. There are two BART stations in Dublin and one in Pleasanton which is so close to Dublin. There are so many new home developments in Dublin and more coming up. I have recently registered many buyers in the new developments. It is much easier for a buyer to purchase a new home verses a resale since the competition is less.If you do go to new developments, make sure you take an agent with you to register you so they cn get you the inside scoop of whether they can negotiate the price, terms, options etc.

Livermore is also very competitive when it comes to resale homes. I think some areas in Livermore are too far and the commute is more than Dublin.

You should get an agent to help you and discuss the pros and cons of each area.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
925-425-9491
This seems like asking a parent which of their children is their favorite.

Dublin and Livermore are both fine communities.
Well I agree with the previous answers, there are factors to consider: like schools, commute, bart, locality.....we have lived in Dublin for 7 years now and love it....feel free to email/call me if you have more questions.

thanks,
Nirali Vaghela
Agent at Realty World - Acclaim
Dublin, CA
(925) 413-7364
Hi Israel,
Great question. Livermore was just written up in SF Gate as one of the top 10 cities to live in. Dublin on the other hand has been one of the hottest cities in the Tri Valley. Either way you go I think both are great choices. Bottom line is what is important to you? Schools, community, weather, commute... Livermore will offer amenities Dublin does not and same with amenities Dublin has. If you would like more information on the areas, please let us know. We have been in the Tri Valley for over 30 years and selling real estate just as long. Send us an email if you have questions or you can always call us too.

Thank you
Moxley Team
Web Reference: http://www.moxleyteam.com
How about the one you can afford?
How about the one closer to work or schools?
How about closer to Bart?

We lived for 15 years in Dublin, and loved it! Sorry we left!

Go for Dublin; tell them I sent you!
No more than 550K. I work in Livermore, but I like Bart access and my wife likes the shopping there. My wife works in Oakland, so she is leaning more to Dublin. Looking for good schools, better investment, and better commute options.
Flag Thu Jan 17, 2013