Home Buying in Emeryville>Question Details

rps, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Looking to buy and rent (1bd/1bth) - can any prop. mgmt co./ Realtor advise on how to go about this ?

Asked by rps, Sacramento, CA Fri Feb 3, 2012

Hi I am thinking of buying a small unit that is easy to rent out. Are there any sites/Realtors/property mgmt. cos that can shed some light on the prospects of area and how to go about this?

Answers

2
Hello rps,

I work with a lot investors....A 1/1 won't be difficult to find....I just closed a transaction on a 2/1 in Oakland and the monthly mortgage payment was less then $800 including taxes and insurance. The home can easily be rented out for more then a $1000+.

If you like, I can send you some listings to help you get started.
Any good local agent working with a good local brokerage should have detailed information about particular neighborhoods. Also there are online sites such as rentometer.com that may be able to help with your income estimate. Berkeley and Oakland have crime maps which can be useful in choosing a neighborhood that otherwise you may not be familiar with.
Find yourself a good local agent. This website, zillow, yelp all have agent reviews.