jdh1810, Home Buyer in Huntington Beach, CA

Looking to buy an investment home, will not live in it, all cash around 1million, more interested in the property appreciation than necessarily rents.

Asked by jdh1810, Huntington Beach, CA Mon May 20, 2013

I believe a multi family home will be worth less over time rather than a SFH, looking more in that direction. Looking in the HB, Costa Mesa, South Orange County areas, Fountain Valley, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente, not Buena park, anaheim, or Santa Ana. Any suggestions as to how to go about it besides call me and we can discuss, I would like some knowledge first before deciding on an agent.

Answers

20
In my opinion, the most appreciation will come from purchasing a coastal home in a changing custom area. I wouldn't buy a tract home because the price ranges stay pretty much the same in the entire tract, but in a diverse custom area there is the potential to command a higher price when you sell depending on what you've done to upgrade the home, where it's situated, and other amenities. As you already know, location is key. I have some areas in mind, so if you are interested, call me and we'll discuss.

Carol Stocks
Evergreen Realty Homesmart
DRE #00868269
949-350-1484
carstocks@hotmail.com
Hi jdh1810,

I noticed that you are asking for more knowledge. Do you need more information on the crime rates, soil, schools, sales activities or perhaps a comparison between your target areas along with information on appreciation within each area?

For example there are some homes in HB that have appreciated quite a bit. In fact a buyer closed on an SFR at $400K and then flipped his investment 6 weeks later at about $535K without much money spent in improvements. I followed and analyzed various areas as I am an investor as well.

On the other hand, there are some neighborhoods that are quite lovely and in great locations but have enjoyed a slower increase in value compared to other areas.

My partner and I are investors and REALTORS. Our combined knowledge and experience in real estate and RE investing in Southern California total to over 40 years.

As you know, there are a number of factors to consider when purchasing investment properties. We are more than happy to brainstorm a plan as well as share our insights through our experiences as real estate professionals and more importantly as successful investors. We specialize in HB, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar and other Coastal areas as well as nearby communities such as Costa Mesa and Fountain Valley.

With Warren Buffet / Berkshire Hathaway acquiring the real estate franchise of Prudential, the strength of our brokerage will enable us to offer more products and services to our customers in an extremely competitive global market.

Looking forward to speaking with you,
Louri Groves
Prudential California Realty, Newport Beach
A Berkshire-Hathaway Affiliate
714.767.8158
ocgroves@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 20, 2013

Yes, you are correct that a SFH probably has better value than a multi-family home. With your budget, you can look at Irvine, Huntington Beach, San Clemente, Laguna Beach, Tustin and other areas along the coast.

Currently, the housing inventory is very low and we are seeing multiple offers on many properties. However, an all cash offer is definitely advantageous and puts you in a great position.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have or send you a list of properties that fit your search criteria.

Feel free to contact me anytime at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty Fine Estates
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.JamieTian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 20, 2013
Hello JDH,

I have a lot of experience with Investment Properties.

I would be more than happy to help you if you were still interested.

Don't hesitate to give me a call!

Dennis P. West

714-465-6432 Phone
714-274-9876 Fax
dennis@dpwhomeloans.com
http://www.denniswest.info
License 1470264
NMLS 296464
Show me the money and I'll work night and day until I forfill your request.
Call me when your ready!
Your Real Estate Consultant
Steve
714-350-3665
http://www.HBhomes4u.com
I have a new listing coming on the market in Huntington Harbor with a boat slip. Contact me for more details.
Hello JDH

I have a free packet on investment properties and a list of homes that meet your criteria.
Call or email me your address and I'll send or email it to you ASAP.

Regards
Steve Bragdon
Prudential California Realty
714-350-3665
Email: StevesHomes4u@msn.com
Web: HBhomes4u.com
Hello, I am sure I can help you realize your goals. This is an ideal time to invest in the areas, you have outlined. I have assisted investment purchases for many years. I am affiliated with Star Real Estate, Harbour Homes and Investments, of which the Investments' side of the business is focused.I agree with your logic or SFR vs. Multi family units. While the Multi Family units hold their value, especially in the Beach Cities, their future value remains static. Please give me a call to arrange an opportunity to further you goals. 714-514-5176 Diane Anderson
We have a Newport Beach property that is being advertised for a investor to make 1.5 mil to 2 mil in profit for a fix a flip property... would you be interested?

Contact PacWest Properties at (714)624-2351 or go to our website http://www.pacwestforeclosures.com for additonal properties like this one for sale.

Scott Fredrickson
PacWest Properties
Hello JDH,

I see you asked a very similar questions a few hours earlier than this question. If you are not getting the kind of answer you want from any of the combined responses (about 20 now) what specifically are you looking to find out?

You are a good buyer on paper based on your price point, would this be a cash purchase? Are you looking to invest the entire amount in one or more SFR homes? You mention a large area and the other question was focused more on Huntington Beach, is the HB area your preferred area?

If your focus is more toward San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano I would be willing to discuss any questions you have. For a more Northern city like Huntington Beach I could answer the real estate type questions but my neighborhood knowledge would not be as good.

All the cities here you mention have low inventories and are seller markets, if you are buying now and using all cash you may have an edge based a time to close but I don't think you will see a large discount based on all cash due to the low supply and high demand market we are in.

Good luck with your search and with deciding on where you feel is your best opportunity.

Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE#01321478
949-933-0852
It would be irresponsible for anybody to make any suggestions about helping you without first meeting you and getting some basic personal and investment information. Call me at (714) 476-3822.
Hello jdh1810,

I can provide you with weekly reports on many of the cities that you have mentioned. These reports measure real estate trends. The benefit in this is that you can see how properties have increased or decreased within a given city. It's clear that you have the funds but do you have the right information in order to make a clear decision?

I am here to help you.

Melchor Perez
DRE# 01842907
REALTOR®
714-401-8879
Star Real Estate South County
Hello JDH

I do specialize in all your area's of concern.
Please call me ASAP so we can get started,
I have over 30 years of experince in this area and would
like to give you my undivided attention you deserve with your purchase.
Check my web site HBhomes4u.com in the meantime.

Regards
Steve
Prudential California Realty
714-350-3665
I live in downtown HB, work predominantly in HB, CM and FV. I am from SJC and used to work in a real estate office in San Clemente . If you have any questions about any of these towns and how they compare against each other, I'm the one you want to speak with ;)

Feel free to call or email me anytime.

Demitra Mroncz
(714) 625-6468
demitra@demitramroncz.com
Coldwell Banker, Campbell Realtors
JFH1810,

First, you need to wait until the market cools down after the summer. Its very crazy right now and there are no really good opportunities as an investment buyer.

Secondly, you need a plan. Why do you want to spend all your cash? Are you able to qualify for loans? Interest rates will NOT get less expensive, possible in your lifetime again! Here is a link to my book https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d6efvxqjkzb8kh/INVESTING%20101%20…

Third, you need a great agent who has done this, is still doing this, and is willing to teach you.

If this sounds like something you are interested in, after reading by book, then we can sit down and discuss your opportunities.

Joe Homs, Realtor/Investor
949-625-4533
joe@joehoms.com
Web Reference: http://thehomsteam.com
Call us (949) 202-9741 we live and work in Ladera Ranch. Top Notch Schools and where everyone with a young family moves to from Utah, Texas, Irvine and all of So Cal.

Been here from 2000 and know this community inside and out.

Rob n Janet
(949) 202-9741
Blackstone Realty Group
http://www.TheBlackstoneTeam.com
As you probably already know, prices in Orange County have been going up. We're currently in a seller's market and you would be facing competition even in your price range with all cash, especially if your trying to find a good deal. That isn't to say there aren't deals to be had and if you're looking for long term investment real estate is always a good option.

Joe
Evening,

Thanks for contacting all of us here on Trulia.

I work with several investors that either flip or wholesale SFR's or Multi units. I receive these type of deals several times a week. All of the above would be consider great opportunities to buy, fix and hold for future appreciation.
With cash you can be much more aggressive even at that price point.

Feel free to call/text/email me,

Alex Vargas
ReMax Premier Realty
DRE #01332235

http://www.AlexSellsSoCal.Com

AlexVargas2009@gmail.com
With your budget, along the coast and Irvine are best for equity appreciation. Yes, SFR would appreciate over any property with a shared lot -condo, multi units. What is your intention while holding the property for the long run? Even with a cash purchase, you can't get away with other carrying costs. Perhaps renting it out to cover those expenses and enjoy some tax deductible?
I didn't see your phone number. Here is my cell 949 533-1262