Firsttimebuy…, Home Buyer in 08540

Looking to buy a townhome in Princeton, Plainsboro area and have narrowed it down to Princeton landing however the townhomes are selling fast and ther

Asked by Firsttimebuyer, 08540 Wed Mar 24, 2010

there is nothing below 400K for 3 bedroom. Is it worth it and also can you suggest some other townhome communities in WWP, Princeton Area.?

Answers

10
Here's your heads up first time buyer,
just listed 42 sayre at $409K going live on mls in minutes. Have your agent set up appointment or give me a call. price is $409K (sorry not below 400K)
Hi Ken,

I'm all for the heads up & this is an excellent example of how agents can use platforms like Trulia; in a spirit of a Win-Win.

I am reminiscing 2005 right now when my then broker was fighting broker reciprocity as hard as they could to "keep their listings".
Those were times they also thought the internet would replace Realtors.

Awesome ! Keep it coming ! ( I am giving you a high five :) )

I have an agreement with a home owner from Princeton Landing who want's to sell his townhome. 3bedrooms 2.5 bathrooms under 400,000. It 's not listed in MLS.
If you are interested to see it, please give me a call.

Suren Pogosov
Long & Foster Real Estate
Greater Princeton office
direct:609-936-2561 office: 609-275-5101
cell:347-782-2036
Web Reference: http://www.freeMLS.org
Obviously, if homes are selling fast in area it can be presumed that their is great interest in the area. Princeton Landing is a good location and in a good school district. If you are not working with a local real estate agent this is the time to get connected with one. They will be your best advisor with your best interests in mind. Carolyn Spohn, Henderson Sotheby's International Realty 908-874-0000.
I used to live at Princeton Landing. It is a great place to invest for the long term (5+ years). Prices here rise fatser than average when the market is on the upsurge but do fall down a bit faster in a bad market. The current prices are lower than the peak of 2005 to 2006 so the prices from this point forward will rise faster than mormal
I purchase an Alexander Model which is one of the largest of the 3 bedroom models in July of 1999 for $350,000 and sold it during the peak market in May of 2006 and closed it on September 2006 for $635,000. You can now buy this model for less so it still is an excellent time to buy. Many buyers are scared away by the higher than average monthloy maitenance fees BUT the servcies you get for these fees are high quality and more extensive than elswher and they have an on-wite management office. The privacy is unmatched in this area. Only one entrance to this developemtn ensures no through traffic.Two swimming poools. A party room in the wonderful original Smith House at 400 Sayre Drive which was the home of the estate that Princeton :Landing was built on Tennis courts and Basketball Hoops and Play Ares for Kids are the amenities PLUS they replace ALL defective exterior items; For example they replaced 2 skylights in my home. They replaced garden items that no longer looked well by today's standrads. Call me for assitance at 1-609-609-0777 I lived there for 7 years

Regards, Cy Gaydos 1-609-509-0777
And I must also add " prices have come down" ?..Huh ?

The poster is himself stating that he has found that homes are selling fast & prices are holding steady.

As ANY ACTIVE buyer's agent will know in our area........in this price range, there has been an almost consistent multiple offer situation in Plainsboro , especially.

Including Princeton Landing.

To ALL buyers....It is CRUCIAL, that you confirm that you are working with a local realtor who knows the market and communities and price trends.

Just my 2 cents.
As a local Realtor, working in this area for 9+ years.........mostly with first time buyers ..........I believe in transparency.
So here goes.......
If yo are looking for newer homes.....a single family WILL be an older home.....likely a ranch or not in a development, or off a main road .
If you are just trying to find the best value in your price range I'm sure you are looking at all aspects of the purchase.......the property and the financials ( taxes/ Assoc fees).
If commute is key or schools.....prioritizaton is the best way to finding the right home.

Also, I must say, a sales person will give you the pitch...." Call me, I have the home you are looking for. Even if I can bait & switch, I will have you call me & then I may tell you the truth".........the truth that ......Estates at Princeton Junction statrts at around $500K for a 3 bedroom townhome etc. etc. etc.....

When a buyer/seller posts on Trulia, a query/response mostly turns into a sales pitch, sad to say.

Don't mean to run anyone down or get personal but pullease......let's not try to dupe anyone here. That is not the best way to making professional relationships.
I'm a homeowner about to list my 3 BR / 2 BA for $379,000. It's a Princeton address in the WW-P tax and school district. It's a single family home, though, not a townhome. Send me an e-mail if you're interested in more details. It's not listed yet so you wouldn't find it in any searches.

great.house@yahoo.com

To answer your questions as to whether it is worth it.....I don't know if it is worth it as it depends what is attracting you to Princeton Landing. Is it lifestyle? Is it interior design? Is it commute to NYC ? I have met buyers who say they are only looking in Princeton Landing. My answer is if after doing research into a variety of townhome communities in and around Princeton that is the one you like best then it is worth it.

There are many townhome communities in the surrounding Princeton area and each has benefits. Some complexes are newer than others. Besides price you should be sure to factor in association fees and taxes. At the end of the day you might be better off looking for a single family home.

There is a great 3 bedroom end unit in Montgomery with a Princeton mailing address currently on the market for $385,000. The location is wonderful as both the side and the back have a view of mature trees/woods which makes it very private. The community is called The Manors. There is also a great little complex in Kingston (South Brunswick with a Princeton mailing address) which has a 3 bedroom end unit on for $389,000.

I would have to double check the MLS but WW has a community called The Ponds. You can probably get an interior home there for under $400K.

Hope this helps and I would be happy to work with you.

Cynthia S. Weshnak
Sales Manager/Broker Associate
(908) 874-0000 (office)
609-651-1795 (cell)
THere are lots of them. The inventory levels in this area are fairly low right now because the prices have come way down from their highs and the area has good schools and commutability to NY. Windsor ponds, Estates at Princeton Junction, Hampshire, etc. There are too many to mention here. Call me and I can give you more detail. 609 529-6146.