Tatiana Suar…, Home Buyer in Lakeland, FL

Looking to buy a house with LGI Homes, is what they offer too good to be true??? looking for honest opinions...

Asked by Tatiana Suarez, Lakeland, FL Mon Jun 24, 2013

Hi! I would love to know if anyone has heard good things about those new houses built by LGI Homes in Krenson Woods right by Schoolhouse and Doorman Rd, what's your opinion about the neighborhood???

Answers

11
Hi Tatiana:

If you are planning on purchasing your first home it would be nice to be closer to central Florida. Maybe in Kissimmee or Davenport area. They are close to Theme Park, Restaurants, I-4. Lakeland is a nice city but not much is happening, its economy is not is robust as central areas. You might want to also consider Lake Nona area. Lake Nona is the center of job creation in whole Florida, with a 7.5 Billion Dollar impact on region’s economy (Plus a New VA hospital). A lot of builders offer closing costs assistance so you do not have to worry about that portion of it too much. Below is the link to some properties in these areas:

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/9427…

Feel free to send me an email or call us if you wish to discuss this in more details.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Hello Tatiana,
Congratulations on wanting to purchase a new home.

I have been doing new construction homes in Lakeland FL for over 4 years now and LGI Homes is pretty new to the Lakeland FL I actually am scheduled to meet with them on Thursday to go over there products and find out if they are a good value for my clients.
In terms of neighborhood. I have a family member who lives close by and doesn't have an issue. I would suggest you google the crime in that specific location and also the best bet is to drive around the area at night. Especially on a Saturday. It will give you the best insight if the neighborhood is somewhere you want to live.

On Thursday I can give you some more insight on how I feel about them and also if there incentives they offer customers are competitive.

I hope this helps in a small way.
Darren Moreno
Happy House Hunting!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
So what happened? This thread started 18 months ago...Tatiana, are you a happy homeowner? LGI has popped up all over Florida, so I wondered if you ended up purchasing one of their homes and what you thought.

Thanks!
Hey Tatiana! In my effort to looking for more info about LGI Houses, I found this conversation. Did get to buy the house w/ them? If it's yes, how's going so far? It's no, why, what happen? I'm planning to buy too. Did Darren Moreno reply u?
Seems like reliable replies. I have to ask if anyone would recommend a Meritage Home? I have been hearing and reading not so good things about them, and yet they are one of the builders in Providence?
I am Paul Wells, Realtor, with Keller Williams Realty in Lakeland, I can help you! Call me on my cell 863-797-9858
Yup, the deal is interesting. We've already had our first meeting a couple weeks ago, and it seems very easy to get a house, only giving $500 as earnest money, that's pretty much it! We were going to go Saturday but we now decided to first talk to a friend who knows of real estate, so we might cancel our our scheduled appt. We might see. I'm patiently waiting to see what you think of the houses.
Are you still going there tomorrow?
Hello Tatiana,
I just had a conversation with the Sales Agent there. From what I heard it looks like a very good deal. The homes are energy star rated at around 87. Which is pretty good. Plus looking on other builders they are very competitive as to what they offer.
Thanks Abraham, unfortunately my job is relocating me from Lakeland to Tampa so I really don't have those areas as an option for obvious reasons. Thanks for the feedback!
No Problem,
I always check to see how each builder builds there homes. Each builder will always tell you that they build there homes the correct way. I have learned over the years just as long as there is no cutting corners and cheap material being used there is no incorrect way.
I will follow up with them and let you know what I think of them also depending on the size of your family I can see if they have any programs to see if they offer down payments assistance or closing costs assistance as well....

I will keep you posted. =0)
Thanks Darren! That would be great! I've been asking around work and people have been giving me mixed opinions in regards to the neighborhood. About the crime map, that's the first thing I did and it looks good overall, I'm not sure if it is because the area where those houses are located on a segment of the map that looks like a vacant lot or because it's an old and quiet neighborhood. We are looking to buy our first home because we're tired of renting, husband is a veteran and we are going to use our VA loan to buy and we don't want to deal with the hassle of down payment and closing costs and all that. Pretty much the whole package that LGI offers sounds and looks good but an insight on the materials they use would be great! We need to know if it could be a good home to live in for years to come, this won't be a short/mid term investment but would like to have the piece of mind that if we need to move for any reason at least we'll break even... :)
So are they using good materials for their houses and are the contractors reliable? I'm a first time home buyer too and we went today but we are so worried about the construction, neither my husband nor I are builders lol so it is so hard to know what to look for and who to trust. My dad is going to swing by the community to see, but he is an electric guy I don't know if he really knows what to look for or not
Flag Sat Feb 1, 2014