Home Buying in Hoboken>Question Details

Dana Rake, Home Buyer in Hoboken, NJ

Looking to buy a house/townhouse in NJ that has less then an hour commute to NY, safe area, and will have a good resale later. Suggestions? Thanks!

Asked by Dana Rake, Hoboken, NJ Mon Aug 15, 2011

Answers

7
Hi Dana!

Here are a few more suggestions for you....I am in a big commuter-area.......Montclair, S. Orange, Maplewood (all have the mditown direct train to the city - 37 min ride)...........there are lovely townhomes (and single family homes) in Livingston , Roseland and W. Orange (bus is approximately 40-50 min to Port Authority).

Driving to the city from my area can take anywhere from 35-50 min depending on the time of day.
Good schools - great shopping and convenient location make this area strong for resale in the future.

Feel free to take a look at my website for some helpful links and information on the towns I mentioned

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
Check out Monmouth County NJ. There are a lot of great towns and most of them are within an hour commute from NYC.
FORGET ALL THOSE TOWNS AS SUGGESTED, THERE IS NOTHING TO OFFER, NO REAL LIFE IN THE NORTH OF JERSY. I HAVE A HOME ON THE NJ SHORE IN BRADLEY BEACH. REASONABLY PRICED AND WELL BELOW ASSESSED VALUE. MOVE IN CONDITION. THE TRAIN TO NYC IS BLOCKS FROM THE HOME, AND SO NICE TO RELAX ON YOUR WAY TO WORK. NO TRAFFIC TO DEAL WITH AND TAKES SHORT OF 1 HOUR TO PENN STATION. SCHOOLS ARE WALKING DISTANCE, STORES, ALL RIGHT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. GET OUT OF THE RAT RACE AND COME TO LIVE THE LIFE. THIS HOME WILL NEVER LOSE VALUE AS MOST OF NJ HAS DONE.
WE DID NOT CRASH HERE LIKE MOST OF THE NATION. THIS IS A RENTAL, SALEABLE AREA, AND VERY MUCH DESIRED. HOME IS BLOCKS TO THE OCEAN AND IN A BEAUTIFUL SAFE TOWN. I LIVED UP NORTH AND LET ME TELL YOU, THIS HERE IS LIVING. THE NORTH AREA IS NOTHING BUT STRESS, I COULD NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE. THIS HOME IS AN ESTATE SALE, AND NEGOTITABLE. SEE PICTURES ON VACATIONRENTALSAD.COM LISTING 417075 OR SHOREVACATIONS.COM LISTING 2140. YOU CAN NOT LOSE WITH THIS HOME. WE HAVE MADE GREAT INVESTMENTS HERE, DOUBLED PRICING IN A MATTER OF A FEW YEARS. THINK AND LOOK.
I'll 2nd the whole North Hudson, lower Bergen County area. Someone is always going to be looking for a home, resale should be cake.

I just got into contract with my first home in Fairview (25 minute bus commute, no traffic). The realtor I used is located in Hoboken and was amazing in sending multiple listings daily, speaking with listing agents, and coordinating between from seller to buyer. Whether phone, email or text: Communication was great.

give him a call for more info:
Dean Clark
201-240-8319
DeanRClark@gmail.com
Hello Dana,

You can look in areas like Edgewater,Fort Lee,Cliffside Park,Ridgefield,Palisades Park Ridgefield Park all those areas are around 30-40mnts to the city.

Let me know if you need more information.
rsanmar@aol.com
201-403-8728
Our 2007 built townhouse is for sale. 3 Bedrooms with 2.5 bath, i car garage with lotsa extras as this was built by a pvt builder. This is not listed anywhere, but it is 1800 sf with finished basement in East Rutherford. We have 2 lines of NJ transit buses within 2 block and Rutherford Train station is 8-10 mins walk. I work in the city and it is a 30 min ride on the way in and 15 mins in the evening.

Interested? Let me know your email and i will send you the details.
I live in Lincoln Park and absolutely love it. We are only 20 minutes out of the Lincoln Tunnel (40 minutes during peak hours). There are many condos/townhouses in the area. The surrounding towns... Wayne, Montville and Fairfield are also very nice. Good luck!