Joey, Renter in Metuchen, NJ

Looking to buy a home in a town that best fits my needs. commute to nyc, beach and decent amount of land.

Asked by Joey, Metuchen, NJ Mon Jun 18, 2012

My fiance and i are looking to buy a home but we are struggling to find the best town that is suitable for us.

we love the beach but also want land. i work in nyc so i need to be somewhat close to a train, bus or boat (preferably not a boat bc its a really expensive commute).
maybe freehold, long branch, Aberdeen... i know nothing about buying a home in those towns... im not sure if they are a good choice.

what towns are safe, taxes aren't through the roof, yet near somewhat of a night life, good restaurants, beach ect... a place to start a family and commuter friendly.

Answers

5
Joey,

you need to get a general area, where you would feel comfortable driving to and from everyday. Family or Friends....ETC.

For $300k you have many options.
My first question is are you pre-approved for $300k??
If yes...then look up to $325..... if a house is over priced it will sit on the market for awhile and may eventually come down in price.

Keep Union County in Mind... its has many GREAT AREAS.... Exit 135-140 on Parkway.
You can find a GREAT HOUSE for that price range in Keniworth, Roselle Park and Union
All at exit 138-139

You can email me if you have any questions. brokertinatorres@gmail.com
300k is prob around my max.
it doesn't necessarily have to be near the beach. i can be west of the beach but still close enough to drive too. Marlboro, freehold...
i know im all over the place... that is why im asking for help.
How much do you want to spend? Finding a home with a decent amount of land that is close to the beach is tough. The closer to the beach, the more valuable the land. The more expensive the houses.
The towns along the Jersey Coast line could all work for you. They will vary in price from $300K to $11MM. You can search the Monmouth County MLS from my website below or you can do it from your cell phone by texting dianeg to 87778
If you reply to me with your pricepoint, I can direct you further.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
thank you for the response but for right now im looking to get a feel for the right town... then i'll start narrowing it down a look at homes.
if you can give me an idea of towns by the beach or even a little in land and commuter friendly.
that would be a big help.

thank you for your time.
Hi Joey.......Well congratulations on you up coming wedding.....

...I have lived at the shore for 35 years and I can help you find the perfect home to fit your needs...I am an agent with Heritage House Sotheby's International Realty in Rumson. Please call me and we can talk more regarding your wish list.

Thank you. Diane Van Vliet. 732 859 2376