Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

sa3333, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Looking to buy a home in April 2013. Have good credit, $65K Income, but only $4000 Cash.

Asked by sa3333, San Antonio, TX Mon Mar 4, 2013

I have been pre approved for up to a $180,000 loan. I have NOT served in the military. I am a first time home buyer and don't want to put any money down for down payment or pay for the closing costs with my cash. I want to save the $4000 for emergencies and want to roll my down payment & closing into my loan. Are any banks or programs doing this in the San Antonio area. I would like to get in touch with you, or anyone who is used a company or lender that helped them out in this way.

THanks!

Answers

22
Jose Salas’ answer
Yes it can be done, please call me so I can go over the details with you. I just closed a deal and the buyer put nothing down. I got the seller to pay for his closing cost so, yes It can be done.

Jose Salas
Home Team of America
(210)385-1539
(210)722-1838
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Thanks for your question - on the closing cost issue, in the current market, many times working with an experience Realtor, you can get the sellers to pay some or all of your closing costs. For downpayment, without being eligible for a VA loan, there are just a couple of programs out there currently but they have specific income requirements and some (USDA) has requirements on where the home is located. To have maximum flexibility, you might consider an FHA mortgage with a 3.5% down payment. Hope this helps, if you need further information or would like me to represent you, just give me a call (210) 269-8086 Direct Line

Royce Simmonds, Broker-Owner, Simmonds Real Estate Inc.
Bio and other real estate info at: http://www.roycerealestate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Hi there! Congratulations for being pre-approved, yes, there is a program where I can get you in as first time home buyer, no down payment, no closing cost, no fees, and below market 30 yr interest fixed interest rate. Send me an e-mail so I can explain to you the details.
It will be difficult for you to secure loans at a nice APR.
I have great news!! Call me.

Alice Brusco, MBA
Realtor / Broker Associate
210-346-1613
I have great news!! Call me.

Alice Brusco, MBA
Realtor / Broker Associate
210-346-1613
Hi, first i want to congratulate you for having a good credit. there are some programs out there available for a first time home buyers like you. I will explain in details. if you have not found any real estate agent yet let me know i would like to help.

Cora Hagerty, Realtor
210646026
chagerty@hotmail.com
There are zero down loans for other than Veterans. Some are based on your income needs and some are based on the home locations. Give me a call so I can help you find the financing that works for YOU!

Christine Henderson
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Bradfield Properties
210-827-2858
Changing Real Estate Dreams Into Reality Since 1985
I can help you finance a home with little to no money down. Please call me at 210-789-2870.
Jon Nichols
Nichols Home Lending
Did you lender tell you about USDA loans? This is easy and with the right builder you can get everything you want.

Call me to discuss. Terri Russo, Home Team of America. 210-385-0305
A few programs that may help you are the Texas Bond Program, Hip program offered for Bexar County, or a USDA. All of this will allow you to purchase a home with very little money down. I love the fact that you wish to save your money for emergencies. Good Luck.
Good news! I can definitely place you in a great home with what you have to work with. There are DPA (down payment assistance) programs, 100% financing loans, the seller can pay your closing costs; there are many ways to get there from here. Contact me for more information. Talk to you soon : )
I have worked with many, many first time buyers who have sought out the same conditions as yourself. And I just closed on a home of this sort last week. I will gladly be of service to you and guide you on this path.

With first time buyers, I like to educate them first of the whole process so they know ahead of time what to expect and what they can expect of me and can make sound decisions without regret.

Please feel free to read through my recommendations so you can see for yourself the what others have to say of my service.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
Hi sa333,

Yes, there is way to accomplish what you are looking for. There are several ways to do this, actually. I am a lender here in San Antonio and I do quite a few of these types of transactions.

Please cal me at your convenience to discuss.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com
I have programs that will let you move in with with no money down or as little as $100, call or Email me for more details.

Powerful mortgage loan services - available to you, nationwide.
ENG knows the world of bank mortgage loans can seem complex. That's why our mission with each client is simple: provide the best loan, with the lowest possible rate, while executing the highest standards of customer service. For over 110 years ENG has been providing down home Arkansas service and powerful nationwide mortgage loans, while offering clients peace of mind knowing they are working with a credible and insured mortgage banker.
Whether you're located in Arkansas or any other state across the nation, you can trust you're working with a reputable mortgage banker - not a fly-by-night operation. Here's why.
ENG is partners with every major investor on Wall Street;
We have been approved by the Better Business Bureau; and
ENG is the only mortgage company among its competitors that is owned by a FDIC insured bank.
In addition, at ENG loan officers don't simply facilitate the loan process; they act as "financial advisors," helping clients assess their finances on a larger scale. Whether you're self-employed and need a low-doc mortgage loan, or you're searching for the best rates on a jumbo home loan, your loan officer is here to find your perfect solution.
Get the facts about home mortgages from the experts at ENG Lending. Learn about different types of home mortgage loans and what to expect during the mortgage application process. Plus, find information about the current mortgage market and which mortgage myths you should never believe.
Let ENG's experienced Mortgage Bankers help you find a solution for your financial needs. Contact ENG today to learn more about bank mortgage loans. My name is Lowell give me a call at (972) 646-2411 so we can discuss your situation in private. Benefit from my 21 years of experience answering the most common mortgage questions.
Why sacrifice your privacy for a home loan?
Shopping for the best home loan interest rates? Rather than sending your sensitive financial information to hundreds of lenders, we keep your information securely in-house. Learn more about our commitment to your privacy.
There may be a few programs that might help you avoid using your money for a down payment. For instance, if you are a teacher or emergency worker or willing to buy in target areas, there might be a program for you.

I have lender who can help you and like the other agents mentioned there is USDA homes that is available to buy with no down. call me for details.

Cora Hagerty
2106460261
chagerty@hotmail.com
HI Sa3333,

Now is definitely a terrific time to buy. I don't blame you for not wanting to use your available cash for downpayment or closing costs, however, given your situation, there aren't really any 100% equity loans available to you. You may qualify for a USDA loan and there are lots of areas in and around San Antonio TX that fall into USDA areas. Other than that, an FHA loan is you next, best choice.
There may be some First Time Home Buyer Programs out there as well, but that money can be hard to come by.

My advice is that you find a terrific lender to help you out in that area. As far as closing costs, as others have said, a good Realtor® should be able to negotiate most or all of your closing costs for you.

Another great option for you would be a brand new home, (don't go without a Realtor®) that is offering incentives for you to buy. They; however, would want you to use their lender in that situation.

You do have some options though. I wish you the best of luck in your home search and if you need further assistance, don't hesitate to call or e-mail :)!

Brenda Mullen
Realtor®, ABR®
RE/MAX Access
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net
Yes, I can help you. But there are some restrictions. Please contact me to show you the way and homes that can be bought.
Jose L. Novelo
You definitely have options. Based on your income, you likely qualify for some down payment assistance programs and negotiation can help you get the closing costs covered. Another option is to look at new homes where the builder have all types of incentives to get you into a home with ZERO down. Give me a call or email if you'd like to discuss further. Good luck!

Trina Cannon
Century 21 Northside
210.446.6460
trina@trinacannonrealtor.com
If you want, call Popi Winters at United Lending 269-1067 and ask your questions directly. She'll give you answers.

Call me if you need any helping with a home purchase.

Tabitha
210-414-4255
Good afternoon and thank you for your post. My lender will be getting with you to go over different scenario's. In the meantime what area are you looking at, how many bedrooms do you need, square footage etc. Thank you for your reply.