CP, Home Buyer in Troy, NY

Looking to buy a home, currently rent at the rate of 600 per month without paying utils.What the best estimate of a loan I can get. Also Im a Cstudent

Asked by CP, Troy, NY Wed Jul 28, 2010

I want to buy a house, but wondering what I can afford and what is aviable in my range as a student. I was hoping to find something I can rent as well (multi unit or 2 family) within my range of a loan so I can cover costs if necessary. Anyone got contacts to help me find something within my range. I prefer outdoors/lawn so something outside of the city is fine too.

Answers

3
Find a Realtor in your area who can not only find you properties but connect you with a lender. Lenders can help you figure out what you can afford and can even give you advice as to what you need to do to qualify for a loan later down the road if you don't qualify at present. Don't forget that there are also tax breaks for owning versus renting.
Without knowing your overall financial details--why not visit with any qualified loan officer(s) first, see if you do qualify for a loan, how much, and have your credit score checked, as their scoring is often different--then go from there--your loan officer can best advise as it relates to your personal situation.
In order to understand what you can afford, you need to connect with a mortgage broker/loan officer at a bank, mortgage company or a broker/banker.

Contact me offline at Gail@GailGladstone.com and I will provide you with names/numbers for each of the above.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com