Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Alain Piche, Home Buyer in Plattsburgh, NY

Looking to buy a condo in the Tampa 33602 area. Let's say around the 100k mark. Skypoint, S harbour look like interesting areas.

Asked by Alain Piche, Plattsburgh, NY Sun May 22, 2011

Would need a property manager to rent it out since I live in Montreal. Can someone give me a few ideas so I can do some due dilligence, I will be inTampa June 22-28. Don't mind foreclosure, hort sale since I'm looking for value.

Answers

6
Holy Cow Steve, were you sleeping! how did you let someone else get first answer in! LOL Well Alain you have a bunch of good Realtors that have answered your call, Good Luck with you hunt!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 22, 2011
Hello Alain,

Please send me your email address, so I can send you some units to review. You will get a better feel for the market and the area. Also, we can narrow down your list to the units you are interested in previewing when you visit in June. Please send your email to jjstuben@gmail.com and I will send you some units to review today. Thank you and have an excellent day!!!

Warmest regards,
Jeffrey Stuben,PA
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Direct 813-787-6243
Hi Alain,

The downtown area of Tampa is a great area, with a variety of things to do.
I live in Skypoint and enjoy the building, we have wonderful amenities. They are currently renovating the pool area.
I would be happy to help you find a property, that would provide you rental income.
Please feel free to contact me at 813-298-4071.
Alain:

It looks like you did some great preliminary research. Besides the beaches area - Channelside, Downtown, Harbour Island, and South Tampa have the highest dollar per square foot in rental return. There are a few routes you can take for a rental property in this area. One is a standard rental with property manager and annual leases. Second is a corporate rental which is a company that pays you a set fee and they furnish the unit and lease to short term and longer term corporate clients or military. Third is to set-up with a country that has military personnel that come to MacDill for their two year tour and just rotate the families or individuals as they come through.

I have personally helped two australian families this last year finding housing one who may stay a third year. I also work with investors who need to see comparisons of rate of return and cash flow analysis. Be aware that there are some buildings more restrictive about ivestor ownernership since Fannie Mae and FHA require 50% or greater owner occupants for approval.

My company is the real estate company of choice for Channelside.com which markets all the properties in the downtown, channelside and south tampa area. I am available tomorrow to speak further about finding a great investment property for you - you can contact me directly through my profile page.
Alain,

Here is a link to a quick search of everything currently active in the 33602 zip code. I used $125 K to get a reasonable number of hits, but as you can see there are several available under $100K. I work with a group, http://www.Rentsolutions.com that could act as your property manager for rental assistance. Let me know if I can help you with any other information!

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=1510947643&…

Steven J. Pahl e-PRO
Keller Williams Tampa Properties

813-319-6423 Office
813-763-7245 Cell
Good evening. Those are both great areas of South Tampa. There are some really great buys out there right now Please give me a call at 813-624-3679 or shoot me an email at kennethallen78@yahoo.com so we can discuss further. I look forward to speaking with you soon.